Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • Any regrets in life ?
  • Mounty_73

Never had any regrets in life until recent times…anyone else have any regrets in recent years, that would have been life changing…. ?

Serious regrets though….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Well I wish I had got married and had children when I was younger.

But then again, we had the most humongous laugh when we didn’t have any responsibilities so maybe not.

I am not sure – but that is possibly the only one.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I really regret not studying to become a doctor.

sweepy
    Free Member

They always say you regret the things you havent done rather than what you have.
    In my case thats a student nurse called Karen

Wozza
    Free Member

Getting a credit card when I was 18… i’m now 29 and the leeches still have me.

Two years and I hope to never have a debt again.

Mounty_73

Yes, its always far better to regret something you have done than to regret something that you haven’t… IMO

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I’ve had a few, but then again too few to mention. I guess you could say I did it my way. 😀

ericemel
    Free Member

If you can look around your current situation and feel satisfied, I think it would be wrong to have regrets – because the decisions you made got you to where you are.

But if you are unhappy with your current situation, you should look to the future and plan accordingly, not regret the past but learn from it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

if you have no regrets in life you are either very lucky or you have just not experienced enough of life…we all learn from mistakes

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I have a few mantras for life one is ‘regret nothing’, another is ‘it’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission’ … oddly, the GF thinks I live life like a pirate 😉

Coyote
    Free Member

To regret implies that given the chance you’d change things and end up at a different place to where you are now. On reflection, probably not.

However, regretting things you didn’t do… There are a couple… 8)

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Putting random white powders into my body and eating very small pices of paper with Mario on them 🙄

ahwiles
    Free Member

definitely, a couple of biggies* and the usual background ‘you berk’ type stuff…

phatstanley
    Free Member

c.1990 and the ramones were playing in a small club in my hometown of toronto. nobody wanted to go, didn’t feel like goin’ myself and figured i’d seem them another time.

never did.

Stoner
    Free Member

what coyote ^ said.

To regret choices made implies Id have things any other way.
    I love my life to bits. There’s almost nothing wrong with it. There’s plenty of other stuff I wish I could have done but ultimately if the cost was what I have now, then no, I wouldnt want to have done those things.

mdb
    Free Member

Top 5 regrets of the dying:

1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me
    2. I wish I didn’t work so hard
    3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings
    4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends
    5. I wish that I had let myself be happier

Find out more here

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Wot Coyote sed plus too.

Regardless of what decisions you make, you’re still the same person. I don’t think it’s very healthy to dwell on ‘what ifs’, as this can make people very unhappy. You can’t change the past, the present is where you are, and the future the only thing you might have any influence over.

Look forwards, not backwards, because if you look backwards all the time, you won’t see that lamp post you’re about to slam into…

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I bottled borrowing the money to buy a cheap flat to do up about 12 years ago just before the property prices went loopy. It went back on the market at £10K more than I could have got it for and would probably have made a big differenct to my retirement if I’d kept it until then.

bazzer
    Free Member

Yes I have some

‘regret nothing’, another is ‘it’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission’

That used to be my mantra, and to be honest it may have lead to my regret !!!

shooterman

No 3 in mdb’s list is the thing that led to most of my regrets.

lunge

Elaine O’Connell, Northampton University, late 90’s. She was drunk and invited me back, I was sober and said no. I am a fool.

BFITH
    Free Member

Registering on SingleTrack 😀

coffeeking
    Free Member

Yes, its always far better to regret something you have done than to regret something that you haven’t… IMO

Murder. Drink driving killing someone. Forgetting to attach your parachute properly. Driving too fast in a dangerous situation.

I’m not keen on platitudes.

Northwind

mdb – Member

“3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings”

Yep. Too afraid of being wrong about someone to realise I was right. All a bit cliched really but still.

Drac

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Kvu6Kgp88[/video]

Pieface

Wasting £1000’s on tobacco

jupiter
    Free Member

A fantastic girl who asked if I was interested in a one night stand. I said I didn’t do that kind of thing.
    3 Australian women who wanted to take me back to there room for a fun night, I said I couldn’t because I had to find a drunk friend who had gone missing (I did find him, never did see those 3 again).
    Best female friend who announced that she had fancied me for years and that I should spend the night. I said I had to go as I had an early start the next morning.
    The list goes on and on, all seem to involve women and me doing what I perceived to be the right thing at the time. My friends think I am an idiot (they may be correct).

thomthumb
    Free Member

starting smoking? maybe.

sharki
    Free Member

Lots.

Not committing to either athletics or Badminton when they are to only two things i’ve ever done well.

Not finding Mountain bikes til 2004, but it’s only taken 6 years to bater myself to the point of aching every day. If i started when i was longer i’d be in a god awful state now.

Inviting those girls back for a free some, good times but resulted in me marrying one of them(the beginning of the end that was)

Went straight into a building apprenticeship the moment i left school, the company up the road took me straight on, the interview was arranged by my parents, i don’t really recall expressing a big interest in being a builder.

Should’ve joined the Army and got the hell out sooner.

Louise Barton, the sexiest girl in the town, she asked me out various times, but when i snogged her, didn’t like the way she kissed so didn’t further my chances.

Trying a job as a door to door salemans in Bristol, lost a good friend when i just randomly up’d and left her.

Not going travelling after i got a good tax rebate in 94, instead bought an orange C-16r, put slicks on it and used it as a road bike.

They say you should never regret the things you did or did not do. You’ve become the person you are through all your past experiences..

Well i’m not to great with the person i became and of my past failings so regret not leading a different life back then as it would’ve made me a better person.

warton
    Free Member

I wasted my twenties, shitty jobs, lots of boozing and drugs. although I had a good time for the most of it, I came out of it very skint, with massive debts, and nothing to show for it.

willard

1. Starting smoking. 18 years and it’s still a harsh thing to kick.
    2. wish I’d met my wife earlier in life.
    3. At times I regret not being a complete b’stard and doing my own thing when I want to with not thought for others… But that thought passes quickly when I realise that it’s cold and wet outside and the bike ride/kayak trip/shooting session I had planned was probably not a good idea anyway (even if it was).

Maybe I am a pushover…

DaveRambo

As others have said – I don’t regret anything I’ve done and rarely regret things I didn’t apart from …

I do slightly regret not pushing my wife to go travelling when we’d sold one house, were looking for another, had enough cash to live on the interest, both had jobs we didn’t like, daughter was young … all the stars aligned and pointed to buggering off for a year or so.

She agrees now we should have grasped that moment – I was (am ?) too nice to push her at the time.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Drinking the water that was on the table in a cafe in Katmandu about 15 years ago. Jetlagged and just not thinking straight – I’d not touched tap water in months. 24 hours later the Giadia hit and I had a couple of days hallucinating alone in a room while my body evacuated from both ends then a much harder time trekking than I needed to have.

chewkw
    Free Member

A cool dude, more like idiot, I was to reject a very nice looking bird’s invitation when I was at Uni … I wish I could travel back in time to give the younger me a good kicking for being such a fool. Cool dude? Idiot more like. Foooool!

Apart from that no regret for living a hard life …

👿

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Not having more fun between the years 1990 & 1996 (meeting my wife to be & then marrying her).
    Not getting a gap year in before I became too old.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Rendee in Phoenix.

She’s why I’m a Steelers fan.

kimbers

not really

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I regret not buying a loaf of bread on the way home last night, mouldy sandwiches today 🙁

mos

Could have chipped in with my mates & bought a ski flat in St Jean D’Aulps in the late 90’s for £12k, but didn’t.
    Bought 2 campers & never used them,

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Being quite nasty to my ex after leaving her for someone else, wish I could have a word with myself back then…

The new girl did leave me for a ‘mate’ several years later so I suppose I got my comeuppance.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Any regrets in life ?’ is closed to new replies.