Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Any reason why I shouldn't buy a Subaru Impreza ?
  • sharkattack

That’s why I’m looking at black ones rather than blue with gold wheels. I’d lose the rear wing and the Sti stickers and fly under most peoples radar. Or just buy a Legacy Gtb.

Merak

I always liked the phase 1’s and the RB5 in particular. It managed a subtle lary appearance and now has a rarity about it. Aye that or a Series McRae.

Either one of those variants has a bit of cache attached and I’m biding my time Id be looking out for a tidy example of these.

adam_h
    Free Member

2005 WRX wagon here. Can get road bike (wheels attached) in the back with seat down but have’t tried the mtb yet. Managed 32mpg on a 120 mile run sitting at 70mph most of the time, usually get around 25mpg. £290 a year tax. Insurance surprisingly reasonable (25 with 0 no claims). It’s a second car as I have a company van so not too concerned with running costs.

I think the wagons are a tad more subtle than the saloons, but it’s still got a bonnet scoop and bright red brake calipers. The standard factory exhaust is silent, I replaced mine with a Hayward and Scott resonated catback and it’s still very quiet when pootling around and not very loud when you boot it. Can’t say I’ve had any hassle with people trying to race me, never been pulled by the police (and I live 10 mile from Liverpool). I may look like a tit but I couldn’t really care.

Edric64
    Free Member

Aren`t all the old ones owned by 18 year old council estate drug dealers?

AlanMc100
    Free Member

Aren`t all the old ones owned by 18 year old council estate drug dealers?

My point exactly Edric

(Although the I do agree, that as mentioned above, that the more experienced and established dealers do tend to favour newer models from VAG / BMW !!)

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Any reason why I shouldn't buy a Subaru Impreza ?’ is closed to new replies.