Any Reason Not Too?

Home Forum Bike Forum Any Reason Not Too?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any Reason Not Too?
  • Premier Icon richen987
    Subscriber

That’s looks like a cracking winter bike, looks really nice. Could well be tempted when my cycle to work comes up again.

Can I just add that as of last week, your name is now very, very funny! (Sorry!)

Premier Icon ir_bandito
    Subscriber

Nice for the price.
    Although any bike marketed as a “commuter”, especially one going down the maintenance free line with the alfine and belt ought to have mudguards as standard. Which brings me onto a favourite bugbear of mine: track-ends and full-length mudguards are not a happy combination.
    Make sure the tyres are bombproof so you’re not going to be taking the wheel out at all (which is a pain with an Alfine anyway) and buy it!

beaker2135

Been thinking of a commuter/hack bike for a while, I only have one bike (oh the shame) I was thinking of a BadBoy but I really like the look of this Revolution Belt Drive for £750
    Your thoughts please

beaker2135

Looks like a go to me then
    I agree about the mudguards, clip on will have to do
    It could be worse, I could be known as w*nksock2135

cynic-al

I work for EBC, I like these bikes and the only issue – mudguards – has been pointed out (still possible to fit full length, but a fankle). You need to keep an eye on belt tension also. But a great commuter IMO.

beaker2135

Just ordered one, so thanks to you all
    Now to explain to Mrs B…

IA

I’ve got “proper” mudguards on a bike with track ends (tricross single).

It’s fine – just when you set them up adjust the stays so you have a biggish gap infront/behind the wheel horizontally. Just need a couple inches, then you have space for tension/getting the wheel out.

So yes, a touch more effort to setup, but once they’re on, they’re on.

lucien

beaker2135 – Member
    Looks like a go to me then
    I agree about the mudguards, clip on will have to do
    It could be worse, I could be known as w*nksock2135

POSTED 7 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST
    ummmmm….I thought it was a c**k wash glass?
    Flashy, how about that as a user name?
    Mods – can I change?

There was a thread on here a while back about belts breaking when small stones got caught in the cog teeth, causing the belt to stretch under load.

Do belts cope better with that stuff now?

Premier Icon ir_bandito
    Subscriber

The original Carbon drive belt on my Kona A snapped due to excessive side wear as it wasn’t aligned correctly, mainly due to the frame flexing through the pivots.
    Since replacing the rear hub with a bolt-in axle to stiffen it up, the Centre-track belt (which also copes with misalignment better) has been flawless.

you have a biggish gap infront/behind the wheel horizontally

which just doesn’t look as nice 🙁
    Fwd-facing slanted dropouts FTW. Especially if using a nutted hub like the Alfine…

DT78

That does look great for winter…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any Reason Not Too?’ is closed to new replies.