Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any plumbers or toilet experts?
  • hunterst
    Free Member

Hi All

Any plumbers in the house?

We have a concealed toilet cistern which has stopped flushing.

On further inspection the toilet is a TRC1825 fitted with a MultiKwik MFV2C flush valve. Seems like a simple enough job to change the valve over.
    Instructions are on the cistern lid

My local plumbcenter do the flush valve for around £40

http://www.plumbcenter.co.uk/product/multikwik-multiflush-mfv2c-dual-flush-valve/

They also do a universal job for nearly half the price

http://www.plumbcenter.co.uk/product/nabis-universal-dual-flush-cable-flush-valve/?msg=&expDataType=CatalogEntryId&expDataUniqueID=987093

Will this other one fit ok?
    Should i stick with the Multikwik?
    Is it as easy to do as it seems or am i likely to die?

Thanks

trailwagger
    Free Member

Buy a Fluidmaster valve.

(I work for Fluidmaster.)

mtbfix

Either will work. Now you just need to prepare for the hassle of getting all of the new connections to seal properly. I’ve often wondered why the flush mechanism isn’t connected to the cistern internally so the whole shebang doesn’t need to come apart when the only piece likely to fail has to be replaced.

hunterst
    Free Member

Is this going to be as easy as i thought?

The instructions say
    ” to replace the flush valve twist it 10 degress anticlockwise and lift.
    Gently pull the white block from the back of the button. Replace with a Multikwik Multiflush part number MFV2C”

Im thinking this is a 5 minute job with no seals etc to fart around with.

Am i wrong?

stevehine

A lot of modern flush mechs will unclip with a twist; no need to remove the cistern / redo the seal bits. I can’t tell if the multiquik one in that image does that; but if it does absolutely buy the same one. A quick google suggests you should be able to get it for more like £25 than £40…

hunterst
    Free Member

Thanks folks

I will order the real deal

If i die or flood the house i will let you know

globalti
    Free Member

I have similar valves in the Geberit cisterns I installed in my house; they lift out easily when you squeeze two tabs each side. Just turn off the water, empty the cistern, put your hand in and go.

One of mine needed taking out when the grey rubber sealing washer at the bottom grew water blisters, a common problem with Geberit valves.

mtbfix

A lot of modern flush mechs will unclip with a twist; no need to remove the cistern / redo the seal bits.

Duly noted for next time mine goes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any plumbers or toilet experts?’ is closed to new replies.