• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Bear.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any plumbers in – hot water issue?
  • Albanach
    Free Member

Came home from beach and ran kids bath then turned on mains shower – HW Feeds pump which then heads upstairs to shower. Finished shower and then tried to turn shower back on but no flow. We still have mains cold but no hot water out of any tap or shower? Any ideas please?

colp

Sounds like the pump is off and blocking the flow

Albanach
    Free Member

Aye colp I thought that but why would that stop hot water flowing to the kitchen and other bathrooms? The only time the pump kicks in is if the shower is turned on upstairs?

Wibble89
    Free Member

Assume cold water tank feeds the hot water and non-mains cold taps?

If none of the cold or hot taps work that are fed from the tank rather than direct from the mains then the ballcock for the cold tank may have stuck shut. Mine does this fairly often. If it’s easy enough could be worth checking the cold tank has water in it?

Normally this can be sorted by running a cold water tap that is directly off the mains at full flow for a couple of seconds (normally the kitchen tap) and then turning it off as quickly as possible to cause “water hammer”, repeat 3 or 4 times and this will often cause the ballcock for the cold tank to start flowing again. Wait 10 minutes for the cold and hot tanks to refill and you should be golden.

Albanach
    Free Member

Thanks Wibble. Thought I had it fixed last night but the same thing happened this evening – I stuck my head up to the attic and the tank is filling but it does sound like the tank was nearly empty.

Bear
    Free Member

Part 2 ball valve washer if it is slow filling potentially. Or just replace the ball valve

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any plumbers in – hot water issue?’ is closed to new replies.