Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Any pixel 6 users here?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

I don’t know if you were affected by the December security update that effectively took out the phone network connections on the pixel 6, but I was and it’s been very frustrating.
    Happy days are here again though as this morning I got the January update which although it took 45 minutes to install, seems to have fixed everything and I’m back to a full signal again.
    🎉

julians
    Free Member

Yeah got a pixel 6,but left it on the November update, until today.

Even the November update was pretty buggy, things like random reboots, random switch off of the WiFi.

Installed the Jan update today,will see if it fixes the issues I was having. Seems a decent phone aside from the software bugs.

ta11pau1

Not had any signal issues on my pixel 6, but thanks for the update heads-up!

Hopefully it’ll fix the auto rotate bug I keep having.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Even the November update was pretty buggy, things like random reboots, random switch off of the WiFi.

Interestingly, I never had any of those.
    I simply installed the December update even though I had read that people in Europe were having an issue with network connection…. I stupidly assumed that it just wouldn’t happen to me 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Very much liking the phone again, especially as I managed to get it for just £360 😁

jamesbont
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve had very poor signal since December but installed the update this morning and everything seems all fine again.

scotroutes

I didn’t get the December update, so haven’t been affected.

desperatebicycle

Pixel 3a here. No complaints 🙂

olddog

Pixel 6 – I’ve had no issues, before Dec update, with Dec update or with new Jan update.

It’s bizarre really. Was it something to do with network – I’m on EE

petedee
    Free Member

I am. That’s interesting. I had some issues a few weeks back. May explain!

stumpy01

Pixel 4a here with no issues (maybe it was something to do with the 5g connection stuff?)

Although the patent fight with Sonos has royally shat on some of the smart speaker functionality & seems to be making that very buggy at the moment.

DickBarton

How is the battery life on the Pixel 6…I’m due an upgrade soon and thinking I may ditch the Sony Xperia experience and jump in with Google…

trusty

Smug here with a 3 with no issues. I was very tempted by a 6, maybe I’ll wait a little longer!

swavis

Also smug but with a 5 😎 No network issues at all, on EE if it makes a difference

NewRetroTom

Pixel 6 here. No issues at all.

jaymcjayface
    Free Member

My Pixel 6 suffered with the connection issue after the December update.. The phone was running on very low signal.

Things seem to be back to normal now though after the update yesterday… Even the fingerprint scanner seems to be behaving itself.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Smug here with a 3 with no issues. I was very tempted by a 6, maybe I’ll wait a little longer!

Well I’d say they’ve sorted the issue now.

Was it something to do with network – I’m on EE

Quite possibly – it def didn’t affect everyone but O2 and Voda customers were.

ji
    Free Member

Also not had any issues with my 6, despite updating in Dec. Also on EE, so that may be why given the comments above

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Yeah, I never had any issues with mine – on Plusnet mobile which piggyback off of EE

Phone battery life is good, camera great, fingerprint scanner still a pain

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Any pixel 6 users here?’ is closed to new replies.