Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any photography types who can recommend a camera?
  • RaveyDavey
    Free Member

My daughter is off on her travels in the new year and wants a compact digital camera. She’s mentioned the Olympus Stylus SZ-15 but I’ve seen a Canon Powershot SX600 which I think may be better as it’s a bit smaller to carry around and has better battery life. Clueless on cameras so can anyone recommend one under £150 please?

creagbhan

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CH08M0G/

Sony DSCHX50 looks pretty good for the price.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Thanks creagbhan looks nice that. As I say I’m pretty clueless with cameras and usually just use my phone. She will probably lose it within a week but I want her to have a decent one to take.

Freester

I’ve always been a big fan of the Canon IXUS range.

A lot of people now liking the Panasonic Lumix.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

There’s just so many functions on them that I have no idea about 🙁 I suppose as long as the lens is half decent and battery life is ok then it should be fine. Thanks for the suggestions fellas.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’ve got a Canon SX700HS as my carry everywhere point n shoot.

It’s been fantastic – highly recommended.

Lots of modes and a great zoom

cyclomonkey
    Free Member

Depends how interested in photography she is and ehat kind of traveling shes doing (glamping or roughing it) Id be tempted by a tough camera like the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT25EB-W on amazon for 110 , id have loved that when i was traveling.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

She’s working in the US at summer camp for about 9 weeks then going to follow her nose until she runs out of money. She won’t be roughing it and just wants something better than her iphone camera to record her travels.

I like the look of that Canon SX700 Piedi thanks I think I’ll pop out to John Lewis to have a look at it and some of the othe suggestions. Thanks again everyone.

alibanshuftie
    Free Member

I used to be a professional photographer, and I run an off road motorbike trail tour company (where I need a decent small camera to take pics of clients). I love the Panasonic Lumix. They are massively discounting the TZ35 on Amazon. I would go for this.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

OK brilliant 😀 thanks

Trekster

Old Lumix TZ19 here…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any photography types who can recommend a camera?’ is closed to new replies.