Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any pen guru’s about? Oddball refill required
  • mashr

Think I’m **** out of luck here, but thought I’d try STW as my last hope. Many moons ago I was given a pen for my birthday, nothing special its just a “Kingsley” so Penshop’s own brand, but I like using it and it looks nice (and it was a present). Unfortunately its from their “Pocket Pen” range, which means it uses what looks like a normal Parker refill but it’s only 85mm long. I can’t find something suitable anywhere, seems like a shame just to bin it.

Anyone have an ideas where i might get something suitable from?

Thanks

hamishthecat
    Free Member

As you say – Kingsley is The Pen Shop’s own brand – I’d try them:

The Pen Shop Trading Ltd
    24 Newgate Street
    Morpeth
    Northumberland
    NE61 1BA

+44 (0)191 4870033
    sales@penshop.co.uk

grum
    Free Member

Would something like this (and a pot of ink) do?

https://www.cultpens.com/i/q/KW28254/kaweco-mini-squeeze-converter

Murray

Fisher SpacePen refills are 88mm long and so like parker that the sell them with a plastic bit to stick on the back if you want to use them in a Parker – might it be this?

Could you post a photo of the old refill with a ruler?

Superficial
    Free Member

Will these fit? https://www.cultpens.com/i/q/PL01422/pilot-brfn-10m-ballpoint-pen-refill

It’s pretty unlikely they’re a custom item for a low-volume own-brand pen. It’ll just be a case of finding the correct one. As above, try contacting the company.

mashr

It looks exactly like this…. but 85mm instead of ~100mm. Will try and post the actual one later.

Looked at the space pen refill, might be able to squeeze it in, but not when I’ve then put the twisty plastic bit on top.

TBF to the Pen Shop, they replied look for a photo (which isn’t a good start given they originally supplied it) yesterday.

thols2
    nealglover
    Free Member

Not currently available but shows an image of what is needed.

Certainly is an odd size, 85mm does not seem to be on any of the standard size charts that I have seen when searching for refills before.

mashr

Certainly is an odd size, 85mm does not seem to be on any of the standard size charts that I have seen when searching for refills before.

That’s exactly what I found too, but from an uneducated POV. Pen Shop have now said they don’t know if they’ll ever see this size again. Think I’m out of luck

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any pen guru’s about? Oddball refill required’ is closed to new replies.