Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Any PC BF4 players on here?
  • kudos100
    Free Member

I’m enjoying it more than BF3, the gameplay tweaks and new maps are superb.

Anyone else on here play?

Oops, wrong forum. Mods move if need be.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Yup, steam name same as here. Rush any map and like the China rising maps in Conquest mode

kudos100
    Free Member

Rush is probably my favorite. I haven’t played much of the china rising stuff yet, still trying to get my head around the main maps.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Hmm just realised my obvious error, its Origin client not Steam. DOH!!!

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Yes I’m an FPS fiend – Snaffeee if you ever come across me please don’t shoot.

kudos100
    Free Member

I can’t promise 😉 I’ll add you and hopefully we will end up on the same side!

mrchrispy

Shouldn’t take a genius to guess my name 🙂

kudos100
    Free Member

We might be able to get a STW squad going at some point 🙂

What rig is everyone running? Mine is a few years old, but runs it reasonably well. i5 sandybridge, 580 gtx, 8 gig ram.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Yeah I manage fine at 1440p with my 2600k and 480 GTX. Could do with a new gfx card but I’ll wait till the 2nd hand market of the 780’s are a bit cheaper then upgrade.

Taken just after it was built, its got an extra 120mm rad now:

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I want to get a new pc over the next couple of months to play BF4 and Company of Heroes 2……after a 4 year hiatus from pc gaming I’ve come to the crashing realisation that console games are to easy, repetitive and downright boring.

So has anyone got any advice on a gaming rig as I’m out of the loop and advice on where to find the best prices?

I’m looking at a rig similar to something like this –

CPU = Haswell I7 4770k
    GPU = Asus AMD/ATi R9 280x
    RAM = 8gb DDR3 Ram
    Motherboard = no clue
    Storage = SSD for windows and games with a large hardrive for the storage of music, films and other files.

Looking to keep the price below 1000 quid if at all possible. I did want a laptop as the mobile cards seem to run everything well these days….but apparently they cough and splutter with company of heroes 2….which disappointed me.

Crell
    Free Member

Crellster on origin. Tend to stick to rush or conquest really. Not played much recently as Day Z has been eating what little gaming time I’ve had.

i7 with crossfired 7850s @ 2560×1440 and I’ve had all sorts of problems with BF4 in crossfire mode.

GeForceJunky

I’m msi g-45 mobo, 8gb ram, 4670k @ 4.2 ghz, h100i, 2x msi 680s, 2x 250gb ssd and 3x 27″ lg 27ea63v 1080p monitors … pretty good for bf4 🙂

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Company of Heroes 2 doesn’t like SLI so I’m looking to stick with a single card solution. Does BF4 have problems with SLI/Crossfire then? If so that will cement my decision.

And yes, I’m an RTS nut to the point that I will compromise the rig for that one game.

xiphon
    Free Member

xbox360 for me I’m afraid!

PC is a hackintosh, since getting into console gaming instead

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Meh, consoles are the equivalent of methadone to smack addicts. :mrgreen:

wrightyson
    Free Member

360 crack addict here also. 3 mines on a quad, flat out into any tank that’s pissing you off. Jump off just before impact. BOOM!!!!

kudos100
    Free Member

Yeah I manage fine at 1440p with my 2600k and 480 GTX. Could do with a new gfx card but I’ll wait till the 2nd hand market of the 780’s are a bit cheaper then upgrade.

I bought my 580 for £100 second hand. Although it is a few years old, it runs multiplayer on a mix of ultra and high at 50fps.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Might be worth considering if a pre watercooled card comes up for the right price. Not essential as my 480 isn’t massively clocked and runs BF4 on high @1440p roughly 35fps….could do with a small boost but for the amount I play its not worth it yet.

Doug
    Free Member

Doug
    Free Member

Not had time to play BF4 half as much as BF3 so left it whilst they ironed out the worst of the problems.

60fps on low is the minimum I’d be aiming for. Any higher detail hinders enemy spotting. Getting the highest fps your monitor can handle really helps with training hand eye co-ordination due to less video lag between frames. Playing on a large 120Hz monitor is super smooth but bike parts come first!

If you’ve got an old second monitor lying around seriously consider hooking it up and using it to display a full size map instead of the minimap.

Add a custom cfg file to your main BF4 folder to show fps ingame, remove suppression blur etc..

WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
    WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
    WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0
    PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0
    PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1
    GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60
    WorldRender.PlanarReflectionEnable 0

Eye candy is all well and good until it hinders gameplay!

Doug
    Free Member

Forgot to mention MTBDoug on Origin.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Tom_w, I’d be looking at Overclockers for quality hardware although searching around you will find cheaper…but I find the savings in postage from one place usually counter act the slightly higher prices they command on a few things.

Doug, I’ve ditched the 2nd monitor at home as moved the PC into the living room so I can game and not be completely ignorant to Mrs Dutch. Now thinking about using an old android tablet for the same though as the 7″ screen would be perfect for that. Hmm play time later me thinks

kudos100
    Free Member

Interesting Doug, I’ll add the ingame fps file and see what I get on 64 player deathmatch 🙂

I’ll be online later this evening for a blast, if anyone is about.

Doug
    Free Member

Also forgot to mention, the file needs to be called user.cfg

Russell96

I rebuilt my main PC recently with the following spec

Intel I7 4770K
    Asus Z87 Pro motherboard
    2x8Gb Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600 RAM (Runs great at 1866 so a bargain)
    Sapphire Toxic R9 280X
    Samsung Evo SSD (Stunningly quick)

I value silence in a PC unless its being hammered 100% so I fitted it with a Noctua DH-14 heatsink and 4 Notuca case fans.

The Asus Z87 Pro is well worth a look for the whole AI suite of software that comes with it to control overclocking, power saving and cooling. It profiles all the fans works out their stall speed and works out the optimum flows to keep everything cool, then for the overclocking click a button and it goes and tests everything and then sets a CPU overclock based on your individual build, maybe not the best that can be got if you know your stuff but for just one click its a lot easier to do.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Any PC BF4 players on here?’ is closed to new replies.