Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any Palm Handheld Users Still Out There – Please Help!
  • hitman
    Free Member

Decided to finally move on from Palm Tungsten T3 to Apple i-phone.
    Wanted to hotsynch the Palm with Outlook to transfer contacts and other data from Palm to upload to the i-phone. Recently re-booted laptop so had to re-install hotsynch software. Contacts and tasks uploaded fine to Outlook but the rest of the info I held on the Palm such as excel and word docs, contents of Notepad etc have disappeared. This is years of data! Have I lost it all ? Is there anyway I can recover this?
    Desperate for any help/advice etc

hitman
    Free Member

anyone?

jfeb
    Free Member

I haven’t used a T3 for years (great bit of kit in its day) but I am afraid I think you have lost your data. When you re-installed Hotsync and then re-synced I am afraid you should have told it that your T3 was the master. The default is that the PC is the master and it would have over-written your T3 with the blank data from your PC. It would be worth seeing if there is a Palm forum where they can help you "un-delete" the data on your T3 – I am not aware if this is possible or not. Good luck.

MrNutt
    Free Member

can’t help really but that new palm pre looks pretty interesting doesn’t it

hitman
    Free Member

Jfeb
    Thanks for the reply, much as I thought Ive lost my data
    At least my diary and contacts were saved
    Stupidly I entered my I-phone password in the Palm, so Ive lost that as well
    Must say I’m very Impressed with the I-phone but will miss the ability to create & edit, word & excel docs
    Also data entry is a bit of a hassle – voice recognition would be cool instead!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any Palm Handheld Users Still Out There – Please Help!’ is closed to new replies.