Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any packable waterproof jacket with underarm zips?
  • sirromj

As title, for short commutes, gonna get cold soon and then getting rained on will be more of a problem. Looking for a lightweight waterproof jacket to keep in bag, but with underarm zips please. Any about?

+ cheap.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Following for interest

imbuildingabike
    Free Member

if your local store has one of these, they are decent value for money

elwoodblues
    Free Member

I ride to work in my Marmot Precip.

Underarm zippers, the pocket lining is made of mesh, so when it’s hot it is usually enough to open the pocket zippers to cool down, pretty breatheable, and stylish looks for everyday use.

Not cheap, though.

Edit: It is packable down to a very small size, but no carrying pouch provided.

shredder
    Free Member

Go Outdoors have the Montane Spine on offer, Gore Tex Active shell under arm vents packs small and light.Its not cheap but cheaper than it should be .

allthegear
    Free Member

My Rab Kinetic Plus jacket is waterproof and *extraordinarily* breathable. I’m amazed by it. No pit zips but no need for them.

Rachel

funkweasel
    Free Member

I have an endura pak-a-jak or something. It doesn’t have zips under the arms, but does have vents. It’s not so breathable though… so you do tend to boil in the bag, if you get too hot.

I’m gonna have to check out the Kinetic.

epicyclo

I’ve got Montane Pertex. No zip underarm but breathable.

milky1980
    Free Member

+1 for the Endura Pak-A-Jak, perfect for my 4 mile commute.

sirromj

Endura Pakajak II looks like it might be a contender.

Wanted underarm vents as breathable either tends to be not-very-breathable-or-properly-waterproof or is very expensive.

Desired budget: 0 ~ £50

Also saw Polaris Quantum jacket on offer on their website, but judging from weight, it’s not packable down to small size.

angeldust
    Free Member

Pertex is a range of fabrics, not a jacket 🙄

Saying you have a Montane Pertex, is like saying you drive a Ford Galvernised steel.

Unless it is Pertex Shield, it won’t be a waterproof either.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any packable waterproof jacket with underarm zips?’ is closed to new replies.