Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Any one with dogs……
  • d1rtmonkey
    Free Member

Please share and let us unite and stop this sic stupidness. Im sic of this and damn makes me angry. As a dog owner my self and seen read what goes on thiught i try share this petition. Let get this banned.

WARNING the video on the page is sic and very disturbing.

https://www.change.org/p/yulin-dog-meat-festival-will-happen-again-on-june-21-2017-10-000-dogs-will-be-tortured-and-then-eaten-this-cruel-festival-started-in-2010-and-it-must-be-stopped?recruiter=88990014&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-custom_msg

Please share it..

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I am a dog lover and owner.
    I am not however a vegetarian.
    I therefore find myself morally unable to join your protest other than complaining about how the dogs are killed.
    Yet I support the poultry industry by buying the produce they cruelly produce.

I’m oot. And sad.

cdoc
    Free Member

As above. I’m not ok with the techniques employed, but complaining about eating animals would be hugely hypocritical of me.
    I’m out.

loddrik
    Free Member

I wouldn’t like to eat mine. Not on ethical grounds, just that, going on what comes out of his arse, he’d taste **** disgusting.

cdoc
    Free Member

Ok, I see your point Lodders, but now I’m curious.
    Hmmm, now, where to source ethically raised and slaughtered dog meat..?

My mums wolfhound cross feels a bit tough. Reckon that it would be a slow cooker job.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Get angry about bad animal care and inhumane slaughter closer to home if it makes you that sic (sic*).

*couldn’t resist.

tjagain

d1rtmonkey

Why is it OK to eat some animals but not others? Have you seen the conditions cheap meat animals are raised and killed in?

What is the moral difference?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If TJ and I agree, which I think is what’s happening here, you just know it’s right.

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure that news in the last few days has said that dog meat is being stopped/festival being cancelled.

onandon
    Free Member

Needs relish

I also agree with tj. How is this different from a pig, cow or whale for that matter.

jimjam
    Free Member

How is this different from a pig, cow or whale for that matter.

It’s not of course but we like to superimpose certain human traits and behaviours onto animals we like. Some people (many that I’ve met) are horrified by the idea of eating horses. I’m not, they are bloody tasty 😈

I’d be much more concerned with people eating chimps, monkeys and dolphins than dogs.

Sandwich

If TJ and I agree, which I think is what’s happening here, you just know it’s right.

We’re doomed I tell you, doomed.

onandon
    Free Member

There is plenty of horse in the shops where I live. I’ve not purchased any yet, not because I have an issue eating it, I just don’t know what to serve it with.

Goats have personality but they’re tasty too. Maybe dogs aren’t that tasty so we leave them alone ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

BACON

Sorry wrong type of thread 😳

Onzadog
    Free Member

I read that dogs have shaped human evolution more than any other animal. Had mankind not had the symbiotic relationship with the dog, we would not have taken the path we did as a species.

That to me, seems like reason enough not to eat them (or mistreat them).

We do eat mean but only ethically raised and sourced, typically slaughtered on site.

onandon
    Free Member

but only ethically raised and sourced, typically slaughtered on site.

So your own pet dog killed in the garden 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

on and on – Member
    but only ethically raised and sourced, typically slaughtered on site.
    So your own pet dog killed in the garden

Our dog? No, put to sleep in our arms at the vets after he lost his battle with a brain tumour late last year.

onandon
    Free Member

Shame, mine passed away sleeping on my feet.

funkmasterp

I read that dogs have shaped human evolution more than any other animal. Had mankind not had the symbiotic relationship with the dog, we would not have taken the path we did as a species.

That to me, seems like reason enough not to eat them (or mistreat them).

Sums it up for me. They are the most domesticated animal. They are used to guard, protect, herd livestock, rescue humans in numerous situations, aid the blind and infirm, can help people who’ve suffered emotional trauma and are the only species besides us that can correctly read human emotion.

A few thousand years of a symbiotic relationship has placed them in a different place to most other animals IMO. Some historians even believe they played a key role in helping us settle down and form communities.

loddrik
    Free Member

Man’s beat friend, and possibly best sandwich.

d1rtmonkey
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart: I already do and try and do things to help and make a change.

Tjagain: I dont eat meat and havnt done for 5 yrs now.

Yeah i do strongly agree not only is bad over there but its just bad here with animals, but if dont help then there be no changes.

johndoh
    Free Member

I have a dog. I ate chicken tonight. I am confused.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Any one with dogs……’ is closed to new replies.