Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • any one a expert on divorce/divorce paperwork?any soliciters?
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

so im getting divorced.shes pushing to get it through real quick but im taking my time as i want all the facts at my disposal.
    the paperwork she has got and given to me(nothings filled in yet by either of us) is a d8 or d8a form which relates to where kids are involved.
    my question is when my friend split from his wife and kids he said they had to both list all assets and then there soliciters negotiated the percentage he got there and then to get a house.i belive this is called a colabrative law divorce?? there seem to be no mention of this list of assets in this paperwork i have or is it the next step after this?
    the paperwork i have just seems to be a simple divorce with no negotioation and only child care arrangments mentioned.i guess its what you do when you are ammicable and have happily decided the split/share between you ( we are not ammicable to say the least!)
    any ideas?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Get a solicitor?

clubber
    Free Member

http://www.sfla.co.uk/divorceprocedure.htm

Filing the petition to divorce
    Having established that you have the requisite grounds for divorce, you can now proceed with filing the petition to divorce. It is at this stage you’ll need to think about speaking to a divorce solicitor. Essentially divorce in England Wales is not an onerous matter, as, in most cases, the emotional turmoil means that the parties agree that divorce is the only option left to them. That said, you will need to speak with a solicitor if (a) children are involved; or (b) you have significant joint assets.

To file the petition itself, you’ll need to complete the official Form D8 (or D8A in the case that you have children) in triplicate – one for you, one for the court and the third is sent to the other party. The D8 forms are then submitted to the relevant county court.

odannyboy
    Free Member

once you “open” divorce paperwork is there a time limit once its started or can you take it at your own pace? i dont wantto jump inot this until i know whats what.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘any one a expert on divorce/divorce paperwork?any soliciters?’ is closed to new replies.