Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Any On One Whippet owners run a single up front?
  • johnj2000
    Free Member

Just realised the Jump Stop I have won’t fit on the Whippet frame, anyone have any cheap and effective ways of stopping the chain popping off when running a single on the whippet?

johnj2000
    Free Member

Oh! And I want to avoid attaching to the BB if at all possible as the LBS said removal of the BB is a bit of a sod.

Garry_Lager

Woulda clutch mech do it? Meant to put the chain under good tension.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Thanks, could be an option but, hmmmm, costly? My Jump Stop cost me 4 quid and i am massively over budget for the build.

MS
    Free Member

I run a single but have a chain guide (not cheap though!)

johnj2000
    Free Member

Where and how does it fix on MS?

warpcow
    Free Member

MRP and E.13, and probably a couple of others, do direct-mount chainguides that’ll bolt straight on to where the mech does. Because of the press-fit BB, those’ll be your only real options (a clutch mech and thick-thin chainring might, but I’m still dubious as to whether they’re as cost-effective in the long-run).

johnj2000
    Free Member

Thanks warpcow

edhornby

is it not possible to bodge it? you could use a braze on mech adapter and some threaded bar with washers and nuts

MS
    Free Member

The one I use is a MRP S3 E-type. (Biketart have them for £35)

S3

RobHilton
    Free Member

I’ve got one at the front & one at the back, chain’s not going anywhere 🙂

brant
    Free Member

I’m sure you can bodge something?

johnj2000
    Free Member

Blimey Brant that certainly is botching. About to be fair if I have a bash guard on the outside, which I do, then I guess it only needs to be basic to stop it coming off.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Boing. Anyone have any ideas, just had a go at botching the jump stop but alas we have no joy.

mike399
    Free Member

Only an idea (and not a very well thought out one at that…) but how about running a direct mount front mech with the limit screws set solid in the right position and set as far down on the clamp as possible? (without shifter) It might not keep the chain on entirely, but may prevent it chewing the carbon?

johnj2000
    Free Member

That MIT be worth a try if I can find a cheap 2nd hand one.thanks Mike.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Any On One Whippet owners run a single up front?’ is closed to new replies.