Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Any of you lot YNOT festivalling this weekend?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Looking a wet one for set up tomorrow but it sure beats work!!

andybrad

going to kendal calling instead

hammyuk
    Free Member

Festival?
    I’ll be as far away from any of them as possible!

the-muffin-man

Yep – not camping though, and can’t get up until 7pm ish on Friday night as the wife has to work all week.

Weather looks reasonable for most of the weekend.

Any bands we should search out? Apart from the top three bands on the main stage each day I don’t know many others.

One I’d recommend are Ferocious Dog, they are worth a look. They did the little Whatstandwell Festival a couple of years ago and went down really well. We’ll miss them though as they are on too early on Friday for us.

What’s traffic like for coming and going? I presume most people stay on site.

sc-xc

Just to echo Ferocious Dog. First saw them a few years back at BT…they have never failed to impress.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Muffin man, Friday at 7pm will be pretty much straight in. I’ll definitely be watching kassasin street, coasts, beans on toast (absolute quality folk laugh a minute bit sweaty though) Lancashire hot pots, King pleasure are great if it’s sunny, milburn, sunset sons, eliza and the bear and a few others hopefully.

surfer
    Free Member

Went to Kendal Calling last year. Weather was awful.. Its dulled in my memory now and I wish I was going 🙁

the-muffin-man

What’s it like for kids to roam on their own?

I know my daughter will want to meet a couple of friend and go off (13).

wrightyson
    Free Member

And ferocious dog!!!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Muffin, my daughter is taking her mate this year, well we are, they will be let off the leash but under strict house rules. They’re both year 10 in September and 14 now. They probably know your daughter if she’s at belper to be fair. Phone signal is pretty good during the day so ultimately contactable which as my daughter seems to have her phone surgically grafted to her hand should be a bonus.

the-muffin-man

So how did it go for you wrightyson?

It was my first festival and on balance I (think!) I had a good time. Highlights for me were Peter Hook and Fun Lovin’ Criminals. Noel was OK, but bland – just felt like he’d turned up for the money

My daughter loved it and is already making plans for next year – not sure the wife will be going though!

I’ve no idea how you camp! I just need to get away from the noise after a while. 😀

wrightyson
    Free Member

Had an absolute blast which did involve one 7am finish which started the night before the kids arrived at 11 the same morning. Noel for me was sublime, but certainly helped along by me being a huge fan and the crowd getting 100% behind him. Other highlights were pretty much all the bands I llisted above especially Lancashire Hotpots. Best band by far were lonely the brave though. Camping was let down this year by no bins and poor toilets, it was like a scene from “the jungle” by Monday morning and I genuinely hope it costs them a lot to clean up as they may learn a lesson! All in a great weekend,

the-muffin-man

Camping was let down this year by no bins and poor toilets, it was like a scene from “the jungle” by Monday morning and I genuinely hope it costs them a lot to clean up as they may learn a lesson!

The stories on Facebook are true then!

My daughter is pestering me to camp next year, but err nope, not happening! She can go on her own when she’s older.

Was the crowd rougher than previous years?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yup, lots of pissed young lads chucking beer cans about. It’s a big shame really. We even had a late night visitor to one of our tents and we were well out the way. Unfortunately the lad who’s tent it was couldn’t get up and out quick enough to deliver the appropriate beating. Rumours also if it having been sold to capital fm and if that’s the case there’s no way next year…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Any of you lot YNOT festivalling this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.