Any of y'all going to the bike show tomorrow or Friday and fancy learning how to

Home Forum Chat Forum Any of y'all going to the bike show tomorrow or Friday and fancy learning how to

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Any of y'all going to the bike show tomorrow or Friday and fancy learning how to
  • derekrides

Operate the Guiness Stand?

In past years I have spent some time at this and reckon myself capable of showing others how it works..

Should anyone be there, say four ish?

Mr Woppit

Getting there in the a.m. Might still be there at 4.

Oops. Sorry. Saturday…

What’s the “Guiness Stand” and why does it need “operating”?

derekrides

It was an obviously poor attempt at humour. The Boat Show for those of us that have visited and worked there on the odd occasion in the past has a tradition of everyone getting off their face at a big stand run by Guiness. Back in the day, they’d turn the taps on as they arrive and turn them off when they left and it flowed constantly and is/was as nice a drop of Guiness as you’ll drink this side of the Irish Sea. Even the year the IRA blew the place up I don’t think they cleared the Guiness stand completely.

So anyway, all the yotties gather there to meet and the atmosphere is/was electric, one of the Vodka mixer companies one year had babes and cheap mixers there in an attempt to woo us away, it failed.

Now it’s a bike show as well and I thought maybe if any of y’all were there I’d introduce myself, (put a face to an ident) and you to it.

I fully understand if none of you are old enough to drink alcohol.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Any of y'all going to the bike show tomorrow or Friday and fancy learning how to’ is closed to new replies.