Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any of the 29er long travel mob tried these?
  • tazzymtb

http://www.descent-gear.com/society-regime-29-120-black-120mm-p-21957.html

I know nothing about society forks, other than they are usually burly free ridey jumpy things, but these look ace for the money?

any experience with them out there?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

they look like a forward arch manitou

watsontony
    Free Member

wow is 120mm long travel on a 29er

tazzymtb

you can, for very special bikes get all the way up to a 150mm!! believe me with big wheels you don’t need huge travel….or even any travel in most circumstances. But thanks for your feedback 😀

Clink

how much do they weigh?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

wow is 120mm long travel on a 29er

Yep, as Tazzy said, they feel like far more travel than they are on everything apart from drops to flat (where wheel size doesn’t matter), but drops to flat are pointless. IME they usually feel like you’re around 2-3″ more travel compared to a 26″ bike, the advantage being that the 3″ of travel isn’t bobbing, so a 120mm 29er pedals uphill like a 120mm 26er, rolls over stuff on the way down like a 180mm 26er, but doesn’t flop about like a slack 26er on the ups (as its steeper angled), then as the speed picks up it gets more stable (like the slack 26er).

Much as it pains me after throwing money at my 6″ 26er for the last couple of years to get it exactly how I want it, I reckon I could build a faster 120mm 29er.

tazzymtb

how much do they weigh?

erm….quite a bit
    🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any of the 29er long travel mob tried these?’ is closed to new replies.