Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Any non-racing roadies out there?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

My local group does a steady a Saturday run which is a nice social pace and serious run on a Sunday. The Saturday run is great. They also have a small core of mountain bikers that go out midweek and the occasional trip to Wales of a weekend when the more serious racers are racing.

aP
    Free Member

whatnobeer – you don’t live near London do you?

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Country lane pootling with pub stops for me – cider is a re-hydration drink?
    I definitely wouldn’t consider joining a club, I can’t imagine anything less fun than riding with lots of people and not being able to stop and admire the views.
    I have been leading social rides in Merseyside over the last few weeks – average speed of around 9mph – very sociable, lots of chatting and greatly enjoyed by all 🙂
    Oh, and my average speed pedalling around Manc for work is around 11 – 12mph 😀

johnners
    Free Member

I went out for a 36 mile road ride on Saturday, my average speed was about 15mph, and I thought that was pretty pacy. OK, it was a wee bit windy, but there was only about 1100ft of ascent on the route. There were also many trees with varying degrees of Autumn colour which I enjoyed looking at.

I am not a “racing roadie”. Please feel free to sneer at my average speed.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

whatnobeer – you don’t live near London do you?

How did you guess? 😉

aP
    Free Member

** sighs ** it’s particularly tiresome.

I usually find that aggressive riders that attempt to pull in through you take enormous exception to having a hand on their hip pushing them back out again. tis funny though.

radoggair
    Free Member

My first ever club run ( i joined up with a local club rather than actually being part of them) we avg 12mph. It was horrific at best. Now i train with guys who come from a loads of clubs but all meet on different days of the week to train together. Its a case of hang in or get dropped. In winter we avg 19-21mph for our sat/sun, tues/thurs runs with generally riding in tempo 2 up for first half or ride then through and off for back half. In summer our pace goes up to 23-25mph avg as we all hit our peak. Things get messy with riders shelled out left, right and centre although you do notice with time more and more riders keeping with the bunch. I prefer it this way TBH

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/108890156

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Any non-racing roadies out there?’ is closed to new replies.