Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • any mtbr’s in droitwich???
  • renton
    Free Member

depending on numbers me and a mate are looking at starting a mtb club in droitwich and the surrounding area.

any one??

cheers

renton

MrTall
    Free Member

There’s a few of us based in Bromsgrove & Redditch. We’ve just been out tonight up the Lickey’s for 20 miles or so.

Other than that we have fairly regular rides over the Wyre Forest and the Clent hills.

Where are you looking to ride around Droitwich? I only pass through on the canal when i’m putting in some miles down to Worcester and back.

renton
    Free Member

yep theres not much in droitwich itself but its not a far drive up to the wyre or the lickeys!!!

MrTall
    Free Member

Well if you want to join our mailing list let me have an email for you and i’ll forward it to the chap who organises everything so he can add it to the list.

Monday & Wednesday nights are the norm but depends on peoples commitments.

MicArms

Yo Steve , how was the ride tonight?

Renton, I think I may have riden with you over clent a few years back ( from the old west mids forum).

MrTall
    Free Member

Mick,

Ride was good. Pretty dry in most places and warm enough to wear summer gloves and shorts without feeling the cold at all.

Did about 18 miles and came back via the canal. You’ll have to come with us at some stage, can’t ever remember riding the Lickeys with you?

When are we next at the Wyre? My clown bike needs to experience the mud over there…..

mboy
    Free Member

There’s a few (well, a couple certainly) from Worcester who get out with the Ashton MTB club with reasonable regularity.

http://www.ashtonmtb.co.uk/

Most week day rides are within a 30 minute drive from Droitwich anyway. Though in fairness, this may just be on the cusp of how far you would travel to join a club, so you might be as well off starting your own.

Worthwhile asking in LBS’s possibly? I don’t know what shops there are in Droitwich, but there’s Worcester Cycle Centre in Worcester (funny that!) that might be worth popping into and asking if they know of anything closer to you. WCC is a pretty good shop anyway, discounts given to ashton MTB members anyway!

MicArms

Steve, possible ride later tonight, subject to how little sleep I get in the day and the DIY.

worcs_red
    Free Member

Worcester here!

If you get anything going Droitwich way would be interested.

If you speak to the guys at Worcester Cycle Centre they organise a weekly ride over the Malverns and other stuff.

I know of a few others your way who have some decent routes round Wychavon.

Cheers

worcs_red

rOcKeTdOg

Bromsgrove here, most of the time, have Droitwichers progressed to the bicycle then? well i never 😉

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Renton .. didnt you used to live over kings heath way ??? think i remember talking to you on here after you had your 456 stolen ??
    only asking as i live in kings heath and noticed your user name ..

Tony

renton
    Free Member

nope not me stumpy m4 ive been in cyprus for the last 3 years!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘any mtbr’s in droitwich???’ is closed to new replies.