Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any MS Access experts in the house?
  • stevomcd
    Free Member

I have a table in an Acces 2007 Database.

Open the table in database view and you can’t see anything at all. No field headers, no data, nothing. The record count is correct and you can “step through” the records, but you can’t see anything, nor can you do a search.

The data is still there, as it can be seen in queries, forms & reports.

Anyone got any idea WTF is going on?

Karl33to
    Free Member

have you tried a compact and repair? usually the first port of call with Access

god-awful program btw!

leffeboy

Sounds properly weird, I think I may have seen that once many years ago. Usual solution is just to create a new blank database and import everything into it (if compact and repair don’t work). I usually find that way faster than trying to work out what actually is going on.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Thanks guys, have tried compact and repair, no joy. Have also tried importing into a new database and it STILL does the same thing. I can get around this by copying and pasting all the data to a new table (via a query) but this screws-up my primary key which is a major problem as it’s cross-refenced to another table.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My access knowledge and experience go as far as printing it out may be better. Then pop it into a better database or find a cloud based solution for what you were trying to do – ie let someone else do the hard work

MrGreedy

The table is in the DB rather than linked I presume? Is the file version 2007 as well? At the bottom of the screen does it say “Record 1 of xxxx”? If it’s just “Record 1” then it’s still loading all the data.

stevomcd
    Free Member

The table is in the DB rather than linked I presume? Is the file version 2007 as well? At the bottom of the screen does it say “Record 1 of xxxx”? If it’s just “Record 1” then it’s still loading all the data.

Table is in the DB.

I believe file version is 2007 (it was created with the copy of Access 2007 I’m using).

Does say “Record 1 of xxx”, but I think I have caught it just saying “Record 1” once or twice. If I scroll up/down with the scroll bars or mouse wheel it says “calculating” in bottom left, which doesn’t happen with my other tables and makes me think there’s something stopping it loading the data properly. It shouldn’t take long to load, only 403 entries.

MrGreedy

In that case I’m stumped, sorry. 403 entries shouldn’t be a problem though, I doubt you’re likely to get corruption issues with a DB of that size.

leffeboy

I can get around this by copying and pasting all the data to a new table (via a query) but this screws-up my primary key which is a major problem as it’s cross-refenced to another table.

Ok, two more things to try

1. Instead of copy/paste use a make table query and just copy everything from the old table
    2. If 1 doesn’t work then create a new blank table by hand and then use an append query to add the data. That will preserve the primary key

leffeboy

Does say “Record 1 of xxx”, but I think I have caught it just saying “Record 1” once or twice

Is it possible you have a filtered view of the table rather than the full thing? I was assuming that you were seIng a table showing lots of records but all of them empty. Now it sounds as though you aren’t seeing any records at all

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any MS Access experts in the house?’ is closed to new replies.