Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Any lift engineers on here?
  • smokey_jo

Anyone on here got any experience with working with platform lifts – really struggling to get some help with ours?

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Try John Paine
    Office: 020 8460 9991

Cook & Associates
    Regis House, 42b Homesdale Road
    Bromley, Kent, BR2 9LD

Lift consultants, always helped me out in the past with contacts and advice.

Tell him Andy from Elephant recommended him.

Hope it helps.

Liftman

Where about in the country are you, i can point you in the right direction.
    Also do you know what make the platform it.

renton
    Free Member

What do you need to know mate?

I can help for a H&S side of things.

smokey_jo

I have an Aritco Vector Platform lift which is in France. It was installed by Thyssen Krupp (Clermont-Ferrand Agent) who now won’t answer our calls or emails.

It’s a screw type platform lift.

At some point between uses the local power station phase was changed and this has apparently confused the board allowing the lift to pass by the lowest floor sensor and hit the floor beneath. This caused the screw to travel up until it hit the stop above it thus bending it as can be seen here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/pYLZPPm7Tr3tgD8i7

I managed to remove the stop thus releasing the pressure on the screw which allowed be to use the manual winder to get the platform to the lower floor.

I’m now left with an error on the board. By downloading the installation guide for a similar later model lift which uses the same control board (Aritco U1) I have managed to work out the error is to do with the backup battery but this is where it gets confusing.

I don’t think our lift ever had a back up battery as when following the wires to the plug it ends in empty terminals and I cannot find a battery in the lift or by the control panel. Also we have a manual winder which the lifts with a backup battery don’t appear to have.

I’m now stuck with anon-functioning lift and the control board is lit up like this: https://photos.app.goo.gl/MMh4UVWBdgGufwhq6. I’ve tried to follow this troubleshooting guide (for a lift with a back up battery) here:https://photos.app.goo.gl/en9S2tb5qWEJhsZy9

but get stuck at step 2 as we don’t have a battery.

Liftman

If you look at your U1 board at the top there are three leds marked 1,2,3 are the all on ? If its at the bottom floor and light 1 is on thats a problem.

Under the U1 face plate just below the red button there is a secret processor reset button, if you look on your trouble shooting diagram where the “9” is loacted is roughly where the secret button is behind the plate, press here and it will reboot the processor.

Batteries are generally on the platform on the Aritcos, you have to take the handrail off and the panel that the handrail is on and the batteries sit on the frame there.

smokey_jo

Nope only floors 2 and top are lit bottom one isn’t. (3 floor lift)
    Do you think it could be behind where the buttons are: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Wb2TAuCPAMjK4JbL7

smokey_jo

Brilliant @liftman batteries are behind that panel and after reconnecting them (don’t know how the connectors had come off!) the error codes now are telling me the batteries are below sufficient voltage. Off to buy some new batteries 🙂

Liftman

Batteries if fitted would be behind that push panel.

Light 1 being off is correct if its at the bottom floor.

smokey_jo

Do you normally find that the batteries are glued down as ours are stuck fast and don’t appear to be fixed with brackets

Liftman

Yea if the batteries have been disconnected for a while the charge will drop enough that the trickle charger wont charge them again. Replace the batteries.

Liftman

Batteries normally stuck down with double sided tape. Put the new ones on and cable tie them in place.

smokey_jo

Fab thanks you are a star can I donate something to your beer fund please?

Liftman

Dont worry about it. Let me know if the batteries dont cure it.

smokey_jo

OK no problem, batteries due in a few days time so we’ll soon see. Can’t thank you enough we had been stuck at this point for nearly a year as we’d been unable to get an engineer out to look at it. STW to the rescue once again!

jaylittle
    Free Member

I am amazed.

leffeboy

i would like to think we have reached peak niche with this thread but I doubt it.  In any case liftman rocks big time and the world is a little happier place

smokey_jo

@liftman New batteries fitted, i’m now not getting an error code for a missing or low charged backup battery but the 24V light is still not lit on the U1 Board.
    I removed Plug 9 and no change and I removed plug 26 and it still wasn’t lit. This gets me to Main Control U1 or Plugs 1,2,3,4,8,22,23.

Did a reset of the board and still no change.

At this point what do you think next steps might be?

Thanks
    Martin

Liftman

If you can pm me your email address I can seno you the latest version of the manual, it has an updated version of the fault flow chart.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Any lift engineers on here?’ is closed to new replies.