Any LeJoG Company recommendations?

Home Forum Bike Forum Any LeJoG Company recommendations?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Any LeJoG Company recommendations?
  • Premier Icon shortcut
    Subscriber

You really don’t need back up. Just a rack pack and a bar bag. Stay in B&B’s all easy really!!

Also gives you an incentive to get on with it. If you stay with friends and relatives as often as possible it means you get washing done too.

Thrustyjust

Want a recommendation for someone to do jogle next year,as current wifey says to get my ass in gear and sort it ( weird, she wants to get rid of me for 2 weeks 🙄 ). Just me and one mate doing it, so just want a company that can move our stuff and back up etc. Anyone have anybody to recommend. Looking at 10 days to do it.

Thrustyjust

Didnt really want to hassle anyone and just wanted to do the ride, without and worries about meeting people. Just want to ride and do it. We dont actually know anyone from Redruth until Newcastle, so we want some else sort it all for us. And neither of our bikes have pannier mounts etc either.

FuzzyWuzzy

Not aware of anyone that does custom Jogle support but the Ride Across Britain ‘sportive’ might be an option if you can’t find one. It’s expensive, you have to do it on their terms and with quite a few other people though – I assume they’ll run it again next year.
    http://www.rideacrossbritain.com/2013-ride/packages/end-to-end/

strackbaz

Three of us doing it unsupported in July and looking forward to it. Doing what Shortcut suggested.

If you want supported, have a look here http://www.ukend2end.com/

Good luck 😉

Premier Icon shortcut
    Subscriber

Don’t need a pannier rack.

All kit and caboodle loaded up here. B&B’S do just fine. We even out and backed by train – sleeper service is ace.

brack

Have you thought about doing on an electric bike .. That way you can focus on keeping fresh for the evenings.

Premier Icon crazy-legs
    Subscriber

Could sign up for the Deloitte Ride Across Britain…
    http://www.rideacrossbritain.com/

Everything taken care of, luggage transported, tents put up/taken down, feed stations, fully waymarked route, mechanical support, all food and drink…
    £1750.
    Edit – actually, it’s what FuzzyWuzzy said 45 minutes ago!

No idea what other options cost, last time I looked at a “credit card tour” I reckoned on about £1000 for the whole time, food, accommodation etc. Deloitte is obviously a fair chunk more but you don’t need to spend anything once you’re on it.

Have you thought about doing on an electric bike .. That way you can focus on keeping fresh for the evenings.

Good call.

Or perhaps this company that you get to carry your kit might have some extra space in the van for you and your bike for some of the way; maybe even all of it.

AlasdairMc

Do it unsupported. The bikes we used didn’t have rack mounts so I used a Carradice Camper bag bolted and strapped to my saddle, and my friend used a seatpost rack. We weren’t bogged down with gear – just tools, a change of clothes and a wee bit of food. We did it in 10 days, in a mixture of hotels, B&Bs, hostels and a night at my gran’s house.

Probably about £25pppn at most, plus about £15-£20 on food (second breakfast, lunch, second lunch, dinner)

Our blog is at http://2012lejog.wordpress.com

Thrustyjust

Forgot about some of the people wasted on here and should be full time comedians 🙄
    I’ll look into it myself, sorry for troubling you all. 😉 Thanks to people who have helped. I will look into those companies.

brack

Aye comedians

But

Adventurous comedians

AlasdairMc

Not being funny, but how much are you intending to carry if you need a porter for it?

Two pairs of cycling shorts, two base layers, two pairs of underwear, two pairs of socks, shorts and t-shirt for off the bike, jacket and a warm top just in case. The stuff you’re not wearing at the time will fit into a 12 litre dry bag easily.

Also – if you use a company then you don’t get to pick the route, and that’s part of the fun of it as you can choose a meandering route or one more direct.

Ten days for a fit cyclist is easy. Just make sure you start on a Sunday so you get Cornwall out of the way while the roads are at their quietest.

reggiegasket

Saddle Skedaddle do a LeJog trip. Or did last time I looked.

AlasdairMc

reggiegasket – Member
    Saddle Skedaddle do a LeJog trip. Or did last time I looked.

For two grand!!

damitamit

These two I met at Penzance did it without a porter with all that stuff!! They even had a laptop i think. MTFU :p

Me, I like the lightweight approach. You can see the entirety of my luggage for 9 days in the carradice bag in the left of the photo.

titusrider

Damitamit: thanks alot for the google doc btw you sent following me lejog thread. We have planned it based on that and the ctc b&b route and leave may 3rd, with four of us, praying for good weather!

orangeboy

Wow those two have a lot of gear but look happy none the less

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

There are quite a few charities that do it. I was with Marie Curie. It cost around £2,300 but over half of that goes to charity – the rest is for all the logistics, accommodation, food, back-up van etc. I’m normally a very self-sufficient traveller and enjoy organising routes and things myself but it was very relaxing to know that all of that was taken care of. I ended up in a group of around 25 and part of the fun was riding with (and drinking) with different folks.

If you really fancy that idea, don’t let the naysayers on here put you off 🙂

damitamit

titusrider, your welcome! Will think about the route we took and let you know any changes I might make. Good luck!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Any LeJoG Company recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.