Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Any Kona Coiler owners here? Fancy helping me with shock setup please?
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

So…The shock on my 07 Coiler Deluxe currently feels horrible (well tbh it has felt like this for the last year or more I just haven’t done anything about it yet). I know it doesn’t feel right but I’m not sure how to change it or what to do. When I ride over even a small compression on the trail, I get bounced up and down about three times at the rear. The forks aren’t TOO bad, but the shock setup is just awful. Overall I just get bounced around way too much, Ive ridden full sus bikes that are set up to my liking so I know something about it isn’t right. It’s worse at slow speed.

I did go on google but couldn’t find any help or info.

Thanks for any help I get here!!

P.s the fork and shock are both as stock.

fisha
    Free Member

Look at what shock is on the rear and then google search for it and setup guides ( mine was a DHX 4.0 I think ). Although its a coil shock, the damper’s performance is affected by how much air pressure is in it, and mine was quite sensitive to the pressure as well. If you’ve not touched it in a year, then its likely that there is no air in it, and that you’ve basically got no damping ( which that bouncing you described would also imply as well )

Only thing to bear in mind is that the rear arm on the coiler is a 3:1 ratio compared to the more common 2:1 arm ratio … which can have an affect on the settings too. But all these things are discussed in detail in plenty of setup threads.

LoCo
    Free Member

http://locotuning.co.uk/tech-info.html Setup guide.

If it’s not beens serviced in the last 18 months/2 years, you may have a nitrogen/air leak which is causing the issues.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Any Kona Coiler owners here? Fancy helping me with shock setup please?’ is closed to new replies.