• This topic has 20 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by wool.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Any Kinesis Decade Virsa owners out there ?
  • doglover
    Free Member

Anybody built up one of these ? Just interested to see what size you went for and your height…

rOcKeTdOg

6ft-18″(mtbmaff)

doglover
    Free Member

nice, cheers.

topangarider
    Free Member

What travel forks are those?

JxL
    Free Member

I am building one at the moment, have a lot of the bits and will be ordering the frame some time next month.

Rocketdog – that looks lovely!

topangarider
    Free Member

Thinking about getting one to replace the 456 – souls seem a bit commonplace now. What d’you reckon?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

looks familiar :p

DMR switchback before and after its powdercoating. Still tempted t e-mail them and see whether the gemoerty’s changed.

rOcKeTdOg

115 max rebas i think, there was a nice one with white rebas and finishing kit at MM

JxL
    Free Member

As soon as I was about to buy the frame, I found out that it has been SOLD OUT everywhere in the UK, and the shipment from China will not arrive for at least another week or even a month (ship).

18″ green that is.

johnduke
    Free Member

thread resurrection…
    for those who have one of these, how does it feel with a 130mm fork? I'm thinking about a virsa to replace my kona caldera(which I up-ed to a 130 fork the only down side being a slightly high feeling BB) think I would probably want to keep the 130 forks rather than 100, has anyone tried both? Seem to remember a review on bike radar saying they wouldn't want to run more than 100mm with this frame, any thoughts?

PJay
    Free Member

I'd be interested to know what sort of chainring clearance you get. The chainstays seem to be bridgeless and pretty wide. My current ride, an 853 Inbred is pretty suceptible to chainsuck damage and I'd like something with a bit more clearance.

UK Bikestore are quoting 7 days dispatch times.

Ben_Haworth

"My" Virsa will be in the next issue of Singletrack Mag.

I'm 6ft 1in and went for the 20in (I like long top tubes).

johnduke
    Free Member

that's interesting, i'm 6ft, was looking at the 18in frame as all my 3 current bikes are 19/19.5in frames, always felt I could do will something a tiny bit smaller but didn't want to go down to the usual 17in option. I wish all manufacturers would go up in 1 inch increments but I guess its a question of costs.

What forks are you running Benji? Promise I'll still buy the mag if you tell all here!

Ben_Haworth

Magura Thor forks.

johnduke
    Free Member

Nice, I'm running Thors on my hustler, they're great. Can you wind them down or are you using the whole 140mm? interested to hear how the frame handles them.

Ben_Haworth

They don't seem to go down to the 100mm setting. They're quite divey/saggy so 140mm has been okay on must stuff so far.

johnduke
    Free Member

yep, I find it a bit fiddly to lock down to the 100mm position. I've found dialing in a bit more rebound helps to eliminate unwanted dive, that and running a fair bit more pressure than maguras recommended.

Ben_Haworth

Aye, the recommended pressures are miles off aren't they?

proffarnsworth
    Free Member

could any of you virsa owners tell me how the rear disc mounts work with horizonal swapouts as the IS mounts are not slotted to account for the rear wheel movement like virtually every other ss frame. cheers.

daveagiles
    Free Member

There is so little movement when tentioning the rear wheel that it really dosnt matter!

wool

If your looking for one ring keswick mountain bikes its on the display stand not sure what size.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Any Kinesis Decade Virsa owners out there ?’ is closed to new replies.