Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any idea what these are? (Gravel bike doodahs)
  • dove1

Can anyone tell me what these little rubber thingamabobs are for?
    They are about 2cm long, split along the length and the opening at one end is inner cable sized whilst the opening at the other end is about 50% larger, but not wide enough for outer cable.

IMG-0179
    IMG-0180

They came in the little bag of bits with my Giant Revolt but I can’t work out what they are intended for. There aren’t any already on the bike and I can’t see anywhere where they might be used.

simondbarnes

They’re to stop cables rubbing on your frame

kcal

cable / head tube protectors?

I assume they’re not gear cable inline adjustors.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dove1

I originally thought they might be cable/frame protectors but the bike has internally routed cables/hoses throughout.
    The fact that the end openings are different sizes has thrown me. One end is ridged as well so I am wondering if they are supposed to be inserted somewhere (oo-er).

kcal

*ribbed inserts* <rubs thighs>

would they work at the point of insert/exit for the routed cables (not having an internally routed bike I don’t know if this would work). though that would require more than 3 surely.

kcal

— quick google for giant revolut cable grommet suggests these –
    https://www.giantbikespares.com/Giant-Frame-grommet-for-TCR-Advanced-Di2-at-Chainstay–1471-CCG053-201/product_detail/3-42609

“GIANT FRAME GROMMET FOR TCR ADVANCED DI2 AT CHAINSTAY, 1471-CCG053-201”

would that be feasible?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thrunge separators.

dove1

kcal wins!

My bike is not a TCR and it is not Di2 equipped. Maybe Giant are anticipating me upgrading in the future? It’s highly unlikely but I admire their optimism.

joemmo
    Free Member

Interlocating axial endampening grubs

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any idea what these are? (Gravel bike doodahs)’ is closed to new replies.