Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any have a Dirty Harry 29er?
  • itsmygame
    Free Member

Hi guys as above.

I’m lookin at building one up.

Cheers

silversladey
    Free Member

Thinking about it lol

itsmygame
    Free Member

Ah ha lol. Seems to be the lightest Planet X frame?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    allthepies
    Free Member

lol

MrTall
    Free Member

I built one up recently and had my first proper ride on it today and was very impressed.

My first entry into Carbon and i went for the Dirty Harry instead of a Lurcher as i liked the normal Bottom bracket rather than pressfit.

My XL frame weighs 2.75lbs (4.25lbs lighter than my Honzo!) and has built up into a 25lb (including pedals) bike without any weight weenie additions. Reba Maxle forks, Hope Pro2 on Arch Ex, XT 2×10 with a SLX Clutch mech. Climbed really well today in the Wyre forest and didn’t feel at all fragile with my 15/16st on it.

Bought mine the day before they put them up £50 to £450 which was nice too. I’d definitely recommend one after my experience today but obviously i have no long term test of it yet so time will tell how it bears up to regular use.

MicArms

“I built one up recently”
    ppffttt….
    Of course you did Steve. Corrected version should read,
    “I kept Mick in brews and cake, while he fettled the bike to perfection, and had my first proper ride on it today and was very impressed with Micks spanner work.”

MrTall
    Free Member

Well i put it all together to be fair, it was just you who made it all work 🙂

I’m learning bit by bit……

gringojimi
    Free Member

Another recent Dirty Harry owner over here.

Built it up, felt light stiff and fast. And according to my back, it is also more forgiving than my old Niner EMD. Very happy bunny.

A few rides later and the “oh yes, this thing is fast” feeling was still there.

I’m now on frame no. 2 after my first frame developed a crack in the seatstay/seat-tube area. Planet-X were great to deal with and sorted out a replacement in no time at all.

MrTall
    Free Member

A crack so soon is a bit worrying Gringo? How much do you weigh? I’m over 15st kitted up so i guess i’d better keep an eye on the frame.

The ease of return/warranty is one of the main reasons i chose this frame over a Chinese imported one and your experience with Planet X reassures me a bit.

Have to say though the bike feels so much faster than any of my other ones and so long as it stays in one piece then i shall remain very happy with it.

brant
    Free Member

I’m now on frame no. 2 after my first frame developed a crack in the seatstay/seat-tube area. Planet-X were great to deal with and sorted out a replacement in no time at all.

I saw that this morning. Never seen that before. Will be discussing it with suppliers.

gringojimi
    Free Member

MrTall – I’m 11.5st.

I hovered over the buy button of a Hongfu frame for a while, but the reassurance of having a UK contact should anything go wrong was well worth the extra cost.

As Brant mentions above, it seems an odd place to fail and without any engineering experience I wouldn’t wish to speculate as to why it failed. But these things can happen to any brand, it’s how they support you afterwards that matters.

I’d still recommend this frame to anyone as it builds up into a fantastic bike.

nuke

Bought mine the day before they put them up £50 to £450

I just missed this…if they reverted to £400, I’d buy one tonight but I’ll stick with my Scandal 29er till then

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any have a Dirty Harry 29er?’ is closed to new replies.