Any Gravy drinkers on here?

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Any Gravy drinkers on here?
  • escrs

Had to make my 3 year old some gravy to go with his dinner (Bisto, other gravy’s are availible) no clean jugs, too lazy to take one out the dishwasher so made it in a mug, made too much and i like gravy so drunk the rest, very nice, maybe could of buttered some bread to dip in the gravy though

Anyone else like to drink gravy? some people think its weird according to Google

I don’t drink it but bovril on toast or bagel is daily breakfast in this house

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

You made bisto not gravy.

Someone had to say it.

Premier Icon jimmy
    Subscriber

You made bisto not gravy.

Aaaaah

cheekyboy

too lazy to take one out the dishwasher

Did someone fill the kettle for you ?

Premier Icon Shackleton
    Subscriber

Perfectly respectable behaviour.

Premier Icon kelvin
    Subscriber

I often drink Bovril. Other beef based “drinks” tend to be too salty.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Hot bovril is often served in vending machines.

When cooking the Sunday roast I always take care to make slightly too much gravy and slightly too many roasties for dunking and slurping during the washing up. 😋

Premier Icon mattbee
    Subscriber

I think one of the reasons my wife and I have managed nearly 20 years of marriage is that we are both gravy drinkers. Usually make about 2 pints when we have any dinner involving gravy. Rarely any left for the dogs.

A roast should usually involve a lot more gravy than could be considered strictly necessary, plus a number of excess roast tatos too. One of life’s great small pleasures.

Premier Icon w00dster
    Subscriber

Yep similar to the above, will drink the left overs on a Sunday lunch.
    Also on a Sunday, while I’m outside cleaning the bike Mrs W will make me an Oxo cube in a mug, steaming hot for me when I come in from the cold.

Premier Icon Garry_Lager
    Subscriber

(NSFW – swearing)

Premier Icon beej
    Subscriber

I don’t drink it but bovril on toast or bagel is daily breakfast in this house

Phew, not just me then. Screw marmite.

mrmonkfinger

A roast should usually involve a lot more gravy than could be considered strictly necessary, plus a number of excess roast tatos too.

Premier Icon Kuco
    Subscriber

I like mixing mint sauce into the gravy and then dipping the potatoes.

LeeW

I always cook too many roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings and stuffing (if we have it).

Never drunk gravy, though grew up on an cups of hot Oxo.

Mint sauce in the gravy is a winner too, make sure you put more in than you think you need though!

gauss1777

I love my food to swim in ‘proper’ gravy, but drinking it is a step too far for me!

stevious

Have been known to dirnk gravy, but prefer to keep it as a treat rather than every day.

Do have bovril on toast most days though.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

I didn’t know it was possible to make too many roasties.

Premier Icon dove1
    Subscriber

Gravy is one of life’s pleasures and there can never be too much.
    Every roast dinner in our house ends with a slice of bread on the plate to soak up the remaining gravy.

Premier Icon pocpoc
    Subscriber

According to my I’m weird for pouring leftover gravy on to my plate after I’m finished then slapping a slice of bread down in the middle of it.
    According to me my wife is weird for leaving leftover gravy on her plate.

Hijack; whats your favourite easy to make gravy? For those times when you just cant be bothered making it from scratch.

Mine is Knorr Savoury Gravy, next to impossible to find in the UK. It seems to be a luxury only available in Ireland

Stoner

Twop Twip: rescue over-salty gravy with addition of honey.

Also on a Sunday, while I’m outside cleaning the bike Mrs W will make me an Oxo cube in a mug, steaming hot for me when I come in from the cold.

Oxo is just common, really. I often have a carefully-curated teaspoon of vegetable bouillon powder in a mug of hot water. 🙂

Hijack; whats your favourite easy to make gravy?

stuff what comes out the chicken
    plus
    small amount of cornflour
    plus
    teaspoon of vege buillion powder

globalti

Bisto is just maltodextrin granules with colour and flavour added, therefore no different from an energy gel but savoury instead of sweet. If you do drink it, drink before a ride and you’ll fly.

Real gravy is made by cooking some flour in the meat fat then adding vegetable stock then gravy browning or Marmite to brown it. It takes a skill that most people don’t have.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

then adding vegetable stock

😲

globalti

You cook the flour then add the water drained from whatever vegetables you are also cooking. I guess that idea comes from the wartime idea of thrift and saving as much goodness as possible.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.