Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any got a Norco Fluid FS1?
  • essexbiker
    Free Member

Looking for my next bike and came across the Norco Fluid FS1 at Evans, took it for a short test ride (a Large with too short a dropper post on it) and it ‘felt’ OK. I’ve got an XL coming to try but has anyone got one and if so, what do you like/dislike? I’ve read a few reviews and its weight and forks seem to be it’s only negatives.

richardthird

Yes thanks. Love it. Upgraded airshaft to 140, wheels to Hunt Trail Wide dropoer to 150 and a few other bits.

Mate wanted the same but that would be gay so hes going Trance 29er v.similar geo.

I chose this instead of a longer slacker bigger bike cos hopefully more fun on less than vertical trails.

wzzzz
    Free Member

I very nearly bought one but plumped for a Marin instead.

Very similar bike really, but in the reviews the Marins seem to take it, and a deal came up on a Marin.

I got my B17 3 ex demo and swapped to 29 wheels.

Chain reaction have some Rift Zones in which come as 29er and hawk hill 27.5 or B17 27.5+ bikes in a clearance at great prices.

akira

Be aware Marins from CRC will not be warrantied by Marin of there’s an issue.

essexbiker
    Free Member

@richardthird what size did you go for? I found on the Large that the seat post wasn’t high enough, was thinking of putting a longer dropper on it -did you have the same issue?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Just checked out the spec of the Fluid for £1950 – it looks pretty good, certainly my experiences with my prev gen Norco Sight have been positive, so I’d definitely consider a Fluid.

essexbiker
    Free Member

Tried an XL and it was a much better fit. Got one on order now 🙂 Anyone want a Sonder Transmitter?

essexbiker
    Free Member

My XL arrived a couple of weeks back and I’ve changed the wheels and rear cassette (as they weighed a ton) and bars, stem, grips, saddle and pedals and set the tyres up tubeless and got weights down from 33lbs to 30lbs. Been out locally and to Swinley and it did OK – need to play with suspension settings but so far it’s promising.

richardthird

Slight update. For reference Surly Dirt Wizard 29×3 fits :-0 (Sort of)

Loads of clearance in the fork (Rev 29 boost fyi, plus a shorty mudhugger) but, not enough in the back for any sort of mud. 3mm each side on the chainstays. And on slightly narrower than ideal i30.

So close, damn!

Anyway it still rocks with 2.6 Forekasters and plenty clearance, so carry on 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any got a Norco Fluid FS1?’ is closed to new replies.