• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by AntM.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • any good tailors in Edinburgh for short repairs?
  • MrKmkII
    Free Member

i’ve got some endura baggies that have some stitching that’s disintegrated on the backside, and also some lycra liners where the stitching has come undone. is there anywhere in edinburgh that people could recommend? are all tailors the same? want to spend as little as possible…

Kunstler

I use Oskars on Leith walk. Someone recommended them to me ages ago and I’ve always been pleased with what they’ve done. They’re always fairly busy but it never takes more than a few days to get repairs done.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I use one on Rose St. if not want cheap I’d avoid the centre.

cudubh

I was just in the place on Rose Street at lunchtime. I can let you know tomorrow what I think of them. They are fixing the stitching on my suit trousers. They said I could have it back later today if I wanted.

swollen
    Free Member

My mother was a tailor. She sewed my new blue jeans.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I use one on Dalry road – turning onto dalry road from haymarket, its on the left handside. They have an hours turn around service and did a good job on my suit.

The place in Bruntsfield is good too, sorry can’t remember the name though.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

thanks everyone. i’m equidistant to dalry and bruntsfield. i know the dalry one you mention dgonb, and i’ll be going near there too later so i’ll give it a go! 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have used a place on great Junction street – good service from them

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

How about Endura themselves in Livingston? If it is stitching they might even do it for free!

MrKmkII
    Free Member

well i’ve dropped them off now! but i reckon it’d cost more to get there than the tailors are charging 😉

stooo
    Free Member

I’ve used the one on Rose St (Master Tailors I think) quite a bit for suit and shirt alterations. Nothing to complain about. I was recommended to go there by my Tailors (Walker Slater on Victoria street) when I wanted some shirts altered that they hadn’t made me.

AntM
    Free Member

I’ve used the one on the corner of Queen St and Frederick St (I think it’s Frederick St) and they have been good and reasonably priced. did a bomb proof repair on my Howies shorts.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘any good tailors in Edinburgh for short repairs?’ is closed to new replies.