Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Any Genesis Croix De Fer 10 Owners?
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Just wondering if anyone had one of the above and what they thought of them? Anything rubbish which needs replacing straight away? Comfy ride?

Cheers
    Dave

kraftyone
    Free Member

Got mine at the start of the week so only put in a handful of miles.

Pedals swapped for M-520s straight away, I think the saddle will be the next thing to go. Other than that I’m really happy with mine… and looks absolutely stunning in the flesh!

GHill

I’ve got a 2014 CdF. As above, pedals you’ll almost certainly want to switch for something else. For me, the stock wheels are just a bit too heavy, fitting lighter ones definitely makes a difference. Doesn’t need to be straight away though.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Cheers both. My LBS has them on offer for just over £600 which seems like a really good deal given the RRP.

matttromans
    Free Member

Brilliant bike – I love mine! I upgraded the pedals, fitted rack and guards, and thats it – happily put about 1000 miles on now, and love every minute.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The saddle is awful. I replaced mine with a Madison Flux (Charge Spoon but cheaper)
    I only use Shimano chain sets and a compact is over geared for a steel CX bike so I put a Shimano CX50 34/46 on straight away which means I actually use all the gears. Top gear is still good for 30 mph
    Drivetrain is fine. Brakes are fine. Pads, chains and cassettes all dirt cheap.
    I like wide bars so I put a cheap Planet X 44cm one one an changed to Specialized Bar Phat tape at the same time (lots of gel pads)
    Wheels are fine. Hubs are 525s (regreased from new by me for longevity) so actually have seals rather than 475s which are crap. Rims are actually quite light, it’s the hubs that at weighty but they’ll last well enough. I’ve got the Shimano spd/flat double sided pedals as its my utility bike and I don’t want to be putting cycling shoes on to nip into town.
    I also added SKS guards and a Tortec lightweight rack for commuting duties
    Conti tyres are fine but paper thin. I’ve had puncture issues with them.
    It’s a nice bike, I’ve done nearly 2000 miles on mine so far and it’s currently wearing flat bars, hydraulic brakes and XT triple drivetrain after I found a crack in my touring bike. I’ve just towed a trailer 340 miles from Ravenglass to Glasgow (sitting in Glasgow sunshine writing this!) which it just coped fine with. It’ll go back to drop bars when I get home.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Cheers!

PP – found your thread on the bike after I’d posted this one up and it made for interesting reading.

Think as soon as my Curtis sells I’ll get one. For £600 is seems almost rude not to and it seems to do the jack-of-all-trades thing pretty well including acting as a long range trail recce bike 😀

iainc

I really like the CDF’s – maybe a bit out of current flavour vs. full gnarmac, but very comfy compliant rides and good reliable kit.

I had a 2014 Croix and replaced it with a 2015 CDF20 and I’d not change it in a rush….except for a Cannondale Slate, but that’s not going to happen 🙂

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Where are they £600?

isitafox
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2015 10 and love it. As above the first things I did was stick some different pedals and a spoon on, now gone down a different route altogether for gnarmac fun with low risers, dropper post and 1×10 clutched drivetrain.
    It gets the most use out of all my bikes by a long way and at some point I’ll change the wheels to some Pro 2/Pacenti builds.

EDIT: Also went with some mudguards and a rack for work commutes but the guards are currently off for the Summer!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

James, ukbikesdepot for 620 I think although all terrain have them for 650 too…

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Cheers will have a look

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I work in the trade and Madison staff discount is very good. 🙂
    I’m probably going to get a 2016 Tour de Fer 20 too. I might sell the CdF or I might keep it purely for commuting as drop bars suit my route. I don’t tour on drops though. Bloody uncomfortable things! The new TdF is flat barred, Tubus racked, Dynamo hubbed perfection really. 🙂

kraftyone
    Free Member

got mine from tredz when they had the money off codes running so bagged mine for £590… I would have happily paid an extra £30 for it to have turned up in an decent box and not requiring the gears re-indexing!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Any Genesis Croix De Fer 10 Owners?’ is closed to new replies.