Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any Ford techs on here?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Have a question about swapping APIMs to upgrade Sync version. Could do with a bit of feedback.

🙂

Cougar

Put the microphone next to a speaker, that’ll do it.

Jamie
    Free Member

Please ban yourself.

…or at least a warning 😉

somafunk

Good question, phrased well and straight to the point although i have to acknowledge i have no idea what you are asking so perhaps a description of APIM to upgrade Sync would be worthwhile for those of us who are new to this, Smiley at the end is good, shows you are open and will prob accept criticism without going in a huff.

All in all i find it is a good question but perhaps a bit techy?, lighten it up with a joke perhaps as i find that can be an excellent way to break the ice so to speak.

Jamie
    Free Member

i have to acknowledge i have no idea what you are asking

Then with the greatest of respect, you might not be the droid tech I am looking for.

But feel free to send me some of your finest chocolates 🙂

…but just for fun, an APIM is the module on a Ford that controls SYNC. My car has APIM module part# AM5T-14D544-EE which is SYNC v1.0. I would like to be able to run SYNC 1.1 + Applink 1.1. This cannot be done via a firmware update, as Ford changed the hardware needed. I need a variant of APIM module D1BT-14D212-CC, but a model appropriate to my vehicle. Plus will probably need programming to the car.

All this so I can have track data displayed when streaming via bluetooth. Probably going to be impossible/expensive, but thought I’d ask.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any Ford techs on here?’ is closed to new replies.