Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Any football experts in?
  • funkmasterp

My wife’s Grandfather died recently and we’ve been tidying out his room. He was doing some work for football teams years ago (science stuff, no idea what exactly) and it turns out that a couple of premiership teams sent balls to him for some tests he was running.

We’ve been told that some of these balls could be worth money. I can’t see it myself though. Any of the hive mind know if this could be the case?

One is from 1994. Yellow Mitre Ultimax.

The other is a Champion. Has Team Champion France ‘98 logos on it

Link to photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1dRUtZdbyBGCtiQ56

Thanks in advance.

Rockape63
    Free Member

I’d suggest not.  The only footballs worth any money would be signed ones or used in famous games….but the latter would be difficult to prove obviously

mikewsmith
    Free Member

With most sporting things the provenance is key so if you have anything that says what they were used for or why they arrived.

Depending on where you are the National Museum in Manchester might be interested

Home

theotherjonv

The Ultimax was the official Premier League ball from 95-2000. I would have thought there were hundreds in circulation, as well as match balls teams would have had supplies for training, etc. That said – there’s one on ebay for £300-odd currently.

The other one looks like a cheap freebie / promo item from the world cup in France 1998.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Any football experts in?’ is closed to new replies.