Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Any Fiat 500L MPW owners on here? (Oops, sorry wrong forum)
  • s1m0n
    Free Member

Not a big car person (only ever owned three and now in 40s) but current car, Honda FRV, is a bit long in the tooth and things starting to go wrong.

Only own one car currently as I cycle to work and my better half looks after the three kids.

Looking at the Fiat 500L MPW at the weekend – good 2nd hand deals for 15 plate models – with a view to keeping FRV as second car and Fiat being main car.

Was wondering if anyone has one and what their experiences have been like.

Any thoughts/views appreciated (I appreciate it is a bit marmite in terms of looks, but I kind of like it and the fact it is different).

Cheers
    S

monkeyp

Can’t answer your question, but what’s going wrong with the FRV? I have one with 115k on the clock and am dreading it’s demise. Brilliant cars.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Any Fiat 500L MPW owners on here?

I wonder if anyone will admit to it?

scuttler

Rented one as a 7-seater on holiday. Flexible, well equipped, economical but gutless (diesel). 6/7th seats easy to manage but never driven another 7-seater other than T5 California. They look weird and I gave it back after 9 days but would consider one if I was in the market for such a vehicle.

rkk01
    Free Member

Mrs rkk01 has a 500L twinair (what’s MPW? Is that the 7-seater?)

It’s a nice car to drive. Not quick, but ok. Reasonably spacious, comfortable.

Biggest disappointment is fuel economy – which is worse than the Abarth 500 it replaced 😯

jambalaya
    Free Member

I don’t mean to be rude but on an ugly car thread this was car I posted. To be honest I am not surprised they are offering deals, I can image they are hard to shift. I would be worried about resale as the MPW has none of the “cuteness” of the 500, thrn you are left with an odd looking Fiat

An an ex owner of 2 Mitsubishis, 2 Toyotas and a Honda I can vouch first hand for outstanding reliability of the Japanese cars. If it where me I would not pick the MPW over any Japanese alternative

s1m0n
    Free Member

Cheers guys

Scuttler – which diesel was it? 1.3 or 1.6? I’m looking at the 1.6.

Jambalaya – not worried about resale as will probably hang on to for a long time. I think appearance is like anything, once you look at something enough, you kind of come round to liking it (!?!?) – or is that just me. I quite like it and the practicality of it and extra 2 spare seats in bike could be useful when kids have friends round etc.

Monkeyp – FRV still going OK (other than its guzzling of oil) and like yours has c. 115k on clock. Just replaced exhaust, but suspension and steering need attention. Going to keep it going as second car but then it will only do about 3-4,000 miles per year so should keep it going longer.

Cheers

S

khani
    Free Member

By god their ugly, and we’ve got a Doblo, which is great so get one of those instead, or the Honda,
    I was once told by a wise mechanic, ‘you can’t go wrong with an’onda..

fd3chris
    Free Member

Not many people have said that about a Fiat though……

khani
    Free Member

No but the Doblo is half the price of the Honda..

milky1980
    Free Member

There’s good secondhand deals on them for a reason – hard to shift! The Fiat dealer near work has a few pre-reg ones on the forecourt and they never move. Sells the 500X by the bucket-load judging by the seemingly daily delivery of a transporter load they get.

fd3chris
    Free Member

There must surely be a better financial prospect car wise that you can go for?

mick_r

Honda guzzling oil and suspension / steering need attention at 115k?!? – think I’ll stick with Citroens and Fiats 🙂

Years ago I did comparative tests at work on various small car suspension parts – the Honda bits were beautifully engineered (aluminium castings and forgings where others were using steel fabrications) but can’t say they performed any differently – just twice the price to buy the test parts.

Have you checked new / pre-reg prices? We got a pre-reg Scudo years ago with a huge amount off. More recently enquired about new Scudo Combis and they were 25% off list without any bartering.

scuttler

Scuttler – which diesel was it? 1.3 or 1.6? I’m looking at the 1.6.

Don’t honestly know but it only felt like a 1.3 / 80bhp.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Any Fiat 500L MPW owners on here? (Oops, sorry wrong forum)’ is closed to new replies.