• This topic has 19 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Any experience of the new Hope rims yet?
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Looking to order their XC wheelset; anyone know if they’re as good as / better than Stans for tubeless and general quality?

Jenko
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of Enduro rims on order – due in a week or two. My LBS reckons they’re on a par with Stans Flows. We shall see.

Conan257
    Free Member

Review in a rival mag that wasn’t great.

scotroutes

Could you please ask your LBS for this weeks lottery numbers and PM me them?

torihada
    Free Member

I just received a set today (the tech rims – 23mm width). I’ll fit them on Saturday but won’t get to ride them until end of the month due to work. Going to thrash them at BPW, Afan & Brechfa. I’ll report back if they’re fine or pretzeled. They’re replacing a set of EX819s.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Strange, I can’t find a review of them anywhere.

slowrider
    Free Member

Jedi has had some for a couple of weeks or so which means they have probably done more like 2 months worth of riding to the average mtber and 10 years worth of jumps and landings! I imagine he will have an opinion on them by now.

Give him a shout or keep an eye out for his video blog that will probably be along in a week or so…

Jenko
    Free Member

7, 14, 22, 41, 42 & 50

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

Picked mine up last weekend, but didn’t have enough time to get them set up to ride, and not ridden this week yet…

They look smart, and my dual ply maxxis minion went up easier on those than it did on a full UST rim.

They are going to get a battering under me in the peak, and two Scotland trips before a week in the alps, as i want to be sure they will stand up to my elegant riding style!

jedi

My front hub has gone purple. And the rear has a slight knock i rang hope but they want me to send then back for warranty but i need wheels. They roll as well as my old crossmax

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My front hub has gone purple.

I assume you were not expecting it to?

scotroutes

You expect them to come out to fix them for you?

jedi

No i was hoping they could send replacement as only 2 weeks old. I’ll get some more wheels and then send them back.

scotroutes

Meh!

I was envisaging a green van turning up at your door and a couple of mechanics in matching overalls and dark glasses running out with tools in hand 😆

slowrider
    Free Member

You expect them to come out to fix them for you?

Not far from the reality of Hope service of old; my brother had a brake die on him on its first ride. They shipped him a new one by 9am to a campsite in Wales and told him to send the faulty brake back when he got home.

I’ve had them replace cracked hub bodies on ancient hubs FOC, rebuild hubs FOC when I’ve bodged servicing them…

It’s a real shame if Hope have decided that they don’t need their ‘best customer service out there’ reputation any more.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

It’s a real shame if Hope have decided that they don’t need their ‘best customer service out there’ reputation any more.

Don’t worry, they haven’t.

Not sure I’d be keen on sending a pair from stock for a potential warranty issue without seeing the old ones 1st. How many other companies would do this? Not many I’d wager. Hope are unusual in the industry in their willingness to deal direct with the end user, most others would say take them back to where you purchased them and they will deal with any manufacturers or distributors on your behalf.

funkrodent

darrenspink – Member
    Strange, I can’t find a review of them anywhere

There was a grouptest on AM wheelsets in the latest issue of MBUK (I think, may have been WMB). It was looking at the wheels as a whole, not just the rims. The Hopes didn’t fare very well, they liked them to ride on but criticised build quality and ability to take knocks. Stans didn’t come out of it very well either. The surprise was the Superstar wheelset which won best budget set and seemed to impress on all fronts

torihada
    Free Member

jedi – Member
    My front hub has gone purple. And the rear has a slight knock i rang hope but they want me to send then back for warranty but i need wheels. They roll as well as my old crossmax

A worrying development. I’ll be carrying my old burly mavics as insurance. Hopefully I won’t be stressing my wheels to Jedi level.

ransos
    Free Member

Not sure I’d be keen on sending a pair from stock for a potential warranty issue without seeing the old ones 1st. How many other companies would do this? Not many I’d wager. Hope are unusual in the industry in their willingness to deal direct with the end user, most others would say take them back to where you purchased them and they will deal with any manufacturers or distributors on your behalf.

True, but I would guess that Hope gain sales because their customer service is perceived to be excellent.

jedi

i’m still going to us them and keep an eye on the rear wheel play. im off to wales today

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Any experience of the new Hope rims yet?’ is closed to new replies.