Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Any droppers that work well in Freezing Weather
  • Taz

Sick of my Lev sticking and my reverb slowing / stopping in cold weather

Any ones that work well in sub zero weather?

jekkyl

gravity dropper!
    but is it that much of an issue that you have to buy a new dropper for the remaining winter months?

Northwind

Never really had a problem with anything tbh. My Reverbs slow down but they’ve been down to stupid temps without any fuss. My KSs have never really seemed to notice, except for one time when the cable froze up but that was totally my fault for bad cable maintenance. Mine are older though, Lev might be different.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RobHilton
    Free Member

If you’re riding SS have the saddle low and don’t go anywhere flat??

Taz

Interesting that the Lev has never been a problem Northwind. My previous one was not either until it broke and a new one came under warranty. Gets anywhere near zero and it just gets stuck in open and the seat goes down when seated and up when standing.

My Reverb slows below zero and pretty much stops around -5.

iainc

ride temp yesterday was around 2 degrees and reverb was noticeably slower. Have a Giant Contact on other bike which doesn’t seem to get as affected.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Reverb was glacial to start at FOD on Saturday, but it was -5c according to the car. Was okay after the first few ups and downs, can’t say it was unsually slow at all.

iffoverload
    Free Member

Fox DOSS, will slap some blood into your nether region on a frosty ride reliably 😐

philjunior
    Free Member

You could always strip the reverb and change the oil for something a bit thinner. It may then require something thicker for summer though!

Kahurangi

Never had any issues with my Lev, nor the Mrs’. Soe cold temperatures, but nothing silly like < -10.

Northwind

Taz – Member

Interesting that the Lev has never been a problem Northwind. My previous one was not either until it broke and a new one came under warranty

Ah, maybe I wasn’t clear, my KSs are older- I had an original i900 and still use an i950. I think the actual worky bits are basically similar but the Lev has extra cable stuff going on which could cause troubles.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Never had issues riding sub zero with any of my reverbs, and I’ve had a few.

fanatic278
    Free Member

I’ve got a 9point8 dropper. One of the advertised selling points is that it works well in freezing conditions. I can back that up. If there’s a big drop in temperature (i.e. you keep the bike in a warm garage) then I need to reset the brake by holding onto the lever for 10 seconds before setting off.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Any droppers that work well in Freezing Weather’ is closed to new replies.