Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Any Dolan Multicross riders/owners?
  • fenred
    Free Member

Been contemplating a PlanetX UJ frameset and just stumbled across the Dolan MultiX frameset but can’t seem to find too much in the way of resource or reviews….Anyone got one or previously owned one that can shed an opinion?

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

I’ve had my Dolan for about 2 years now. It’s primarily used as my commute bike (on and off road), but now and again gets a blast round some cx races at this time of year. TBH I can’t really fault it, but as i’ve never ridden any other cx bikes I’m afraid I’ve nothing to compare. It’s certainly not on the light side, but it seems to be bomb proof (so far so good) and fairly well made. I bought it as a complete bike from Terry, but found for cx it needed new stem, brakes and tyres as it’s sold more for touring than cx IMO.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I’ve had one for the last 6 years and aside from a respray its coped well with everything thrown at it; bought as a frame and forks from Dolan on Ebay.

Its got a 1 inch steerer (struggled to find a carbon fork to match) but aside from that it seems very similar to the current frame.

As eat_more_cheese says it is heavy, set up for road use with guards and not ridiculously heavy kit mine (58cm) comes in at just shy of 23 1/2 pounds.

Ride wise I find it very stiff and the carbon fork has certainly made it a more comfortable ride but coming of S-Works Tarmac it does feel like an oil tanker.

For a do it all bike its good value, as a cross bike there are probably lighter, fast accelerating bikes out there for not much more.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fenred
    Free Member

Thanks guys good advice indeed….will post up whatever I decide to do….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Any Dolan Multicross riders/owners?’ is closed to new replies.