Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Any docs – horrible rash content
  • scandal42
    Free Member

So ive had this rash for a couple of months now, although its gotten considerably worse and now is pretty horrific.

Started on back and now is developed on my back and just in a thin line on my front uner the pectoral area.

Shower frequently and am a generally hygenic person, getting myself into the GP next week if possible but wondered if anyone had any ideas?

Cheers

allthepies
    Free Member

Changed washing powder in that period ?

I once tried supermarket own washing powder and came out in rashes. But I’m a sensitive soul 🙂

Took a while to figure out it was the washing powder. So in general, have you changed any aspect of your normal routine/purchases in the timeframe ?

Or could be bad cat aids.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Early stage Cat Ebola, can I have your bikes? (AFTER they been dipped in disinfectant) 🙂

Or it could be washing powder, conditioner, soap, dust mites etc
    You don’t even have to change the washing powder as sometimes the recipes get altered and they don’t tell anyone.

chewkw
    Free Member

That looks like syphilis or STD … 😯

Nahh … or it could be dry skin infection or perhaps dust mites allergy … I get dust mites biting me all the time due to some sort of allergy I have … dammit …

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Looks like a fungal infection to me.

Cougar

Sore / itchy?

Friend of mine has a rash very similar, some sort of genetic condition though. Begins with P I think.

Cougar
    carlphillips
    Free Member

Flat warts Or fungal infection would be my guess from that photo..

scandal42
    Free Member

Cheers for suggestions

Not itchy or noticable other than it looks rank.

jam-bo

Tinea versicolor. I had it for a while. No idea where from and cleared up on its own.

yossarian
    Free Member

That’s bad aids, probably caught it from a swan you dirty bugger.

Shackleton

Looks similar to something I had. Went away of its own accord. Docs reckoned it was jam bo’s disease and can be caused by so many things. Basically anything that can upset your skin flora (soap, antibiotics, stress, diet change, etc) and cause a certain type of yeast to become prevalent. Topical creams can be prescribed but mine wasn’t bothering me so I just ignored it until it went away.

scandal42
    Free Member

Jam bo has it I think, purely from a spot of research. Going to get some cream / shampoo and see if i can shift before my hols next month.

Cheers

jam-bo

scandal42 – Member
    Jam bo has it I think, purely from a spot of research. Going to get some cream / shampoo and see if i can shift before my hols next month.
    Cheers
    POSTED 9 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Not any more…

cloudnine
    Free Member

Do you get that slight skin crawling sensation as if there’s worms swimming around under your skin..

Looks like flesh eating worm infection.. The worst bit is when the larvae hatch out through each lesion on your skin…… You seem to have a rather severe case too..

bigjim

An ex gf had patches like that which were fungal from a trip to Thailand, took a long time with antifungal prescription cream to clobber.

andrw13
    Free Member

Selsun shampoo applied once a day for 10-15mins rinse thoroughly repeat for 7 days. Too big an area for cream. IANAD.

scandal42
    Free Member

Selsun was the one I had in mind

scaredypants

that’s secondary syphillis – no doubt in my mind

scandal42
    Free Member

I’ve already had primary so nothing to worry about

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

It’s Pitisoriasis, a form of psoriasis-I got very similar about a year ago. Steroid cream from the docs and it cleared up in less than a week

Have you been stressed out lately?

benjamins11
    Free Member

I’m an anaethatist not a gp, so not good with rashes (better with people who aren’t breathing) but I would say it looks like a tinea rash. Basically athletes foot in other areas. It doesn’t look like psoriasis and the distribution would be wrong too I.e. psoriasis would normally (but not always ) be near skin flexures elbows etc.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

** DrP to the forum **

brack
    Free Member

Not a Doc but a Paramedic Practitioner

That looks like Pityriasis versicolor

senorj

Not leprosy then?……

Suggsey
    Free Member

Looks like the fungal rash that my mrs had once from her sweaty bra! Some anti fungal cream was prescribed and it went…..

DrP

Are you a wrestler or gym towel sharer???

DrP

DrP

Pittyriasis versicolor normally becomes more prominent when you tan, as the affected area DOESN’T tan..

Of course, I’m actually a 14 year old schoolgirl so none of this is proper medical advice..but of all the things it looks like it looks mostly fungal.
    Clotrimazole cream for a few weeks would probably help.

Or it’s cat aids.

DrP

(However… Pitryriasis also responds to clotrimazole..so really the diagnosis didn’t 100% matter…use fanny thrush cream and you’ll be fine)

scandal42
    Free Member

Cheers DrP 😀

brack
    Free Member

..loving DrP’s medico legal schoolgirl disclaimer ..

Well what was the rash ?

scandal42
    Free Member

I’m just using the shampoo at the moment and it actually seems to be doing the business.

Hopefully I wont look quite as diseased when I go on holiday next month 😮

bigyinn
    Free Member

andrw13 – Member

Selsun shampoo applied once a day for 10-15mins rinse thoroughly repeat for 7 days. Too big an area for cream. IANAD.
    Thats a *king long time to spend in the shower!

scandal42
    Free Member

Thats a *king long time to spend in the shower!

Tell me about it, I’ve started nipping next door when they go out.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Any docs – horrible rash content’ is closed to new replies.