• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by tomd.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any dishwasher repair experts around?
  • tomd
    Free Member

Our dishwasher stopped heating up. Currently suffering the 1st world problem of handwashing dishes again and it’s not good.

It’s a Zanussi washer. Online suggested that it was either the heater (flow through type), the thermostat or less likely the controls. I took it apart and tested the heater and the thermostat. The heater was showing 25ohms which I think is sort of the right ball park for a 2kW heater. Looked like a fault on the thermostat so changed that. When I fired it up again it heated up.

Then the 2nd time I turned it on it’s stone cold and doesn’t heat up again. Arghh. A new heater is £65 posted so not cheap to try that but only other thing I could change. Any experience / ideas on this kind of fault? Are there are thermostats built into the heater or something like that?

singletrackmind

Have the spare trsted workibg in line hester that is sitting pn my kitchen worktop
    Google 16 020 0020 or 230903 21080 think its inchh and a half so 38mm piping

tomd
    Free Member

I’m not seeing those on google. This is the heating element:

https://shop.zanussi.co.uk/dishwashers/dishwashers/heating-elements/heater-kit-230v-2000w/p/4055373700

Sort of an odd design, basically clips onto the end of the pump / motor.

TheBrick
    Free Member

The heating element sounds ok. Sanity check ais the water flowing through ok? Not getting too hot and triggering thermal cutout? No airlocks hopefully.

What form is the thermostat? Capillary tube? Or something else with a little button on top? This maybe only high temperature cutout. Button resets. There may also be either a thermo couple or a thermistor attached going back to the control board. Both would be attached via some white thermal paste and then held close to a metal part for good thermal transfer. If a thermistor (small black disk) most probably a 10k one. So the resistance would be 10k ohm at 20degC. Worth checking.

TheBrick
    Free Member

More thoughts. Is the power to the heating element being turned on? More likely that whatever allows the heating element to turn on is stopping it. How many wires to heater?

singletrackmind

Totally different to mine. Sorry

tomd
    Free Member

The heating element sounds ok. Sanity check ais the water flowing through ok? Not getting too hot and triggering thermal cutout? No airlocks hopefully.

I think the water is going through OK, the dishwasher sounds normal when it’s running and water is blasting out the nozzles. It too me ages to realise it wasn’t heating.

What form is the thermostat? Capillary tube? Or something else with a little button on top? This maybe only high temperature cutout. Button resets. There may also be either a thermo couple or a thermistor attached going back to the control board. Both would be attached via some white thermal paste and then held close to a metal part for good thermal transfer. If a thermistor (small black disk) most probably a 10k one. So the resistance would be 10k ohm at 20degC. Worth checking.

The water temperature sensor is like this, some sort of 2 in 1 affair:

https://shop.zanussi.co.uk/dishwashers/dishwashers/electronics/dishwasher-temperature-sensor/p/140000401012

I wonder if there are some other thermostats inside somewhere. That’s the only spare that Zanussi list for thermostats/temperature sensors.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any dishwasher repair experts around?’ is closed to new replies.