• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by myti.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any “digital nomads” out there?
  • fatmountain
    Free Member

Sorry, I hate the term too.

So off to Spain for a few months, need fast 4G for video calls etc. Mostly as a backup option if the wifi is down, but also if it’s too slow. Essential I have access to fast internet otherwise I won’t get paid.

I’m going to buy a 4G router (any recommendations?) but need unlimited data plan with roaming. Is it better to acquire that in Spain or the UK? The ‘unlimited’ plans I’ve found so far are limited to 20gigs roaming, which is not enough.

Any ideas?

zilog6128

According to o2

If you’re travelling within our Europe Zone, your minutes, data and texts will work just as they do at home.

I’m on 100Gb for £18 ish (sim-only) which I reckon will be fine unless you’re streaming hours of Netflix every day!

Rubber_Buccaneer

According to o2

Check the small print, I think you will find some potential restrictions on speed, quantity and the duration of the roam

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fatmountain
    Free Member

Hi Zilog – that’s a pay monthly contract?

zilog6128

Yeah pay monthly. I checked the o2 T&Cs quickly, basically if you use it in Europe more than 63 days in a 4 month period they’ll question it. So may or may not be any good for you.

myti
    Free Member

We’re in Europe for 9 months. We both got Vodafone 60gb sims and an extra one for the motorhome WiFi as voda are apparently the only company that do let you use all your data abroad but not on their unlimited plans. Phone house do crazy cheap cash back deals.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any “digital nomads” out there?’ is closed to new replies.