Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Any Deals on Ski Holidays – February Half Term
  • lank45
    Free Member

Anyone seen any good deals on ski holidays for 16th/17th February, I’ve been hunting like mad but everything is rather grim with a £1000 price tag…each!

The joys of having a teacher as a partner!!!

lucien

That’s why so many teachers organise ski trips for the School!

Try cheaper destinations like Poland (yes) & Bulgaria. Italy and Austria can be cheaper, just pick a grim purpose built resort. Leave Switzerland and France alone, way too expensive, even the cheaper places.

Have you thought about driving, and staying further down the mountain and then driving into the resort each day? Can save quite a few £££’s. If you also go self catering, then buying bread etc in the local supermarket and then eating on the slopes can also save a bit, as is not buying drinks,snacks etc up the mountain!

Good luck….

ajc
    Free Member

You are very unlikely to find a deal on what is the most sort after skiing week of the year. Most resorts won’t have a single vacancy for half term week, we normally take bookings in september.

Coleman
    Free Member

Ski Miquel have a few places left 16/17 Feb at a few resorts, not exactly cheap but good quality catered chalets – £ 700 ish per head. Worth a look maybe?
    http://skimiquelholidays.co.uk/

hammerite
    Free Member

The OH is a teacher, we go Christmas and Easter usually to avoid high costs. Snow probably isn’t as good but the slopes are quieter.

manoirdelourde
    Free Member

Drive down to the Pyrenees, come and stay at ours, choice of 5 ski resorts within driving distance, Le Mourtis, Superbagneres, Peyragudes, Baqueira, La Mongie . . .

neiloxford
    Free Member

Try these websites:

http://www.chaletchardons.com/php/hotel-prices.php

http://www.skibonjour.com/skiingchaletprices.cfm

You will need to make your own travel plans to the chalets, but offer good value in my eyes…worth a phone call/email and see what they have left.

We have booked for a different week in Tignes, traveling by train via Paris on overnight trains for less than £200 each to Bourg St Maurice. booked though Eurostar to Paris and TGV web sites for rest to reduce cost. Same cost as flying but longer on slopes and better for the environment 🙂

neiloxford
    Free Member

These are cheaper than what you found as well…

http://www.igluski.com/half-term-skiing/catered?sort=3

luffy105
    Free Member

+1 for the Chardons. My first ever job in the alps was there.

lank45
    Free Member

spoke with Chardons, one room available after a cancellation. Price is £694 plus flights and transfers. Gets back up to over £1,000 🙁

hammerite
    Free Member

Alpine answers website is usually worth checking too.

PaulMc
    Free Member

Are you prepared to drive? We have to go at half term as we have kids at school. Flights for 5 are stupidly expensive so we are driving to Val Cenis – Lanslevillard, which is in the Maurienne Valley, south of 3 Valleys. You can book everything direct via the internet. Just checked and you can still get a 2 person studio for 435 euros for half term week. Lift passes are only 170 euros per adult.

nbt

is that offer open to everyone? We’ll be along soon if so 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

We’ll be along soon if so

I’ve packed my kit.

There are nursery facilities, aren’t there? 😉

manoirdelourde
    Free Member

is that offer open to everyone?

Well, we have four rooms that we normally let on a B and B basis in the summer, I guess there’s no reason why we couldn’t do something half term week. No childcare facilities though, we will be out on the slopes every day . . .

shifter
    Free Member

16th is the start of French HT – good luck! I’m going (again – woo) on the 9th which is the start of some British half terms. Hoping it’s not too bonkers. Oh yeah, <500 quid catered.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Any Deals on Ski Holidays – February Half Term’ is closed to new replies.