Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any deals on narrow wide rings?
  • chambord
    Free Member

Giving my drivetrain a good clean down yesterday and I must have let the chain wear too much because my chainring, cassette and jockey wheels are proper knackered!

So now looking for a new chainring. Had a look on CRC etc, as far as I can tell they are all much of a muchness so the best value looks to be Superstar – any other deals out there? Also, is it worth getting an oval one? I’m not sure I’ll notice the difference but as I’m replacing it anyway it might not hurt to try.

Cheers.

cooie

I’ve got 3 Superstar ones and they have been faultless. Uberbike do one for £1 cheaper!

Yak

On-one’s variable pricing means their ringmaster n/w ring is sometimes the cheapest.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

The SS one I have isn’t lasting as well as my Works ones- not terrible mind, just a bit faster. I think £ per mile SS will probably come out ahead but that’s not the only consideration.

Personally I can’t tell any practical difference between oval and round. YMMV, I’m not going to say there is no difference.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

cheap works ones if you have SRAM cranks, I’ve bought 2 and i cannot tell what the issue was, anodising looked perfect

http://www.workscomponents.co.uk/seconds–old-stock-24-c.asp

cookeaa

£20 own brand jobbie from PX (Plus the £30 you pad your order out with for “Free postage”)

Vs £25 for a SS “I/O” Vs £30 for a Works components ring…

Quality/finish/wear resistance will be inverse to price apparently…

You pays your money, etc…

mikeryan
    Free Member

I have used ubyk in oxford top buy 2 hope ones recently. They are cheaper than any one by miles. That said hope isn’t the cheapest. If you go for the trex extender cog aswell I found it cheaper to buy them as seperate items than the bundle offer. Word of warning though the trex extender is only intended for a 10 speed 36 tooth. I had to machine it back in places to make it fit with a 9 speed 34 tooth. It works fine though.

They are very helpful at the store aswell. I will use them again.

http://www.ubyk.co.uk/hope-retainer-narrow-wide-chainring/17811

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any deals on narrow wide rings?’ is closed to new replies.