Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Any deals on croix de fer framesets
  • karnali
    Free Member

Looking for a small frameset, some good prices on xs so just wondering if anyone has seen any good deals on the small anywhere, new or 2nd hand

cromolyolly
    Free Member

Croix de fer framesets second hand are pretty rare – I’ve been looking for one (not hard, I admit) for a while. Strange since they seem pretty common new. Last year, around August they dropped the new ones to £349-£399 or so for the sizes they had left. Smalls sold out pretty fast, right around the time I decided to get one.
    You see a few full bikes on Gumtree and eBay at any given time but smalls aren’t all that common there either – lots of 54-56-60 though.

fudge9202
    Free Member

There’s a 52cm on eBay at the moment

richardkennerley

I’ve got a large cdf frame sat in my garage waiting to be cleaned and boxed up ready for selling…….

cromolyolly
    Free Member

There’s a 52cm on eBay at the moment

The full bike – white with black forks – or a frameset?

fudge9202
    Free Member

Full bike

cromolyolly
    Free Member

Full bike

Cheers. Yeah saw that one. It ended – don’t know if it sold. Think OP would prefer a frameset only. I would too – thinking I could build up a slightly lighter bike than stock without too many compromises.

cromolyolly
    Free Member

Don’t know if OP is anywhere near Tyne and wear but this full bike came up today. Might go for less than a frame set would, given its collection only.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genesis-Croix-De-Fur-Adventure-Cyclocross-Touring-bike/183878394598?hash=item2ad001a2e6:g:eNwAAOSwsXxdJzMe&redirect=mobile

karnali
    Free Member

That’s pretty handy for me as a Nate lives just down the road I’ll keep a watch on that

riddoch

Freeborn claim to have stock of all sizes of the 2018 version at £425.

https://www.freeborn.co.uk/genesis-croix-de-fer-725-2018-gravel-frameset

Freewheel only has the XS, guessing that’s where you’ve seen the good price, as they are Madison the freeborn stock may be imaginary.

https://www.freewheel.co.uk/genesis-croix-de-fer-725-2018-vargna08

fudge9202
    Free Member

Here you go Xs in green.

Item no. 283540783994

karnali
    Free Member

thanks for all the info, just managed to buy a second hand full build on a salsa vaya in really good condition, and I have some hydraulic shimano sti’s to go on it so a bit of a strip down and rebuild hopefully, so will be clearing out some very lightly used sram apex stuff at some stage over teh summer and hopefully getting a few long rides in on the new bike

fudge9202
    Free Member

Great choice I had a croix de fer and then bought a new Vaya frame set, absolutely love it I’ve two set of wheels, one for road and one for gravel, they are a beautiful frame to ride. Enjoy 😊

In road guise!

Gravel mode!

cromolyolly
    Free Member

Freeborn claim to have stock of all sizes of the 2018 version at £425.

One of the most annoying things I have come across in looking for a frameset is that the top couple of pages of hits on a search are links to shops that are ‘selling’ framesets from 2015 onwards that they don’t actually have stock of. Afaik only XS from previous years are available. Any other size you would have to buy 2019.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Any deals on croix de fer framesets’ is closed to new replies.