Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Any Cross Dressers on here?
  • ricdiggle
    Free Member

Still trying to decide if I want a road bike or a cross bike next.

One huge down side of road bikes (and possible deciding factor) is the whole ‘dressing up like a Power Ranger’ thing.

Looking on a few cross sites and that nice midweek video shot in Halifax yesterday, it seems that cross riders also like to dress mostly in lycra.

Can I get away with baggies on a cross bike or is it Morphing Time?

crikey
    Free Member

You seem to be more concerned with what to wear rather than what to ride, Have you got lots of mirrors in your house?

tops5
    Free Member

I call troll

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Troll: However please see rules 18 & 19 for correct attire.

The Rules

traildog
    Free Member

To ride a cross bike you must wear a skin suit, which is far more power ranger than road lycra.

If you are worried about clothes, you could always get a fixed gear road bike, (possibly with a flat bar?) where you must ride in jeans.

fasthaggis

A troll that is unsure of it’s sexuality, is a dangerous beast.

ricdiggle
    Free Member

I’m more concerned with the bits of me that are best left hidden. I don’t want to frighten other road users!

I’m not sure trolling can be self deprecating can it? Regardless, I see my folly and it wasn’t meant as such.

Can I wear normal MTB gear to ride a cross bike or will I look like an idiot? Does anyone else do this?

footflaps

call yourself Biker Fox and you can get away with anything:

fasthaggis

ricjiggle

Nobody cares what you look like,so stop looking at all those reflective surfaces.
    Ride whatever you want,wearing what you want.
    If you worry more about what other people think,you really are on the road to ruin.

ricdiggle
    Free Member

Sage advice fasthaggis and the picture certainly helps to allay my fears somewhat. I’m at least 80% sure I don’t look that bad!
    Trouble is, people do worry about what they look like. I wouldn’t dream of leaving the house in just lycra. Not at the moment at least. I doubt very much I’m alone in that regard.

My (failed) attempt at starting a thread in an amusing way, did have a genuine motive.

Sandwich

If you look that bad in lycra, you should get lots of space on the road as drivers recoil in horror. I’ll keep an ear on the traffic news for a spate of car accidents at commuting time 😉

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

People will not laugh at you in lycra. They will however piss themselves laughing when they see your small todger!

traildog
    Free Member

I don’t think people worry about what they look like (especially on a bike) in quite the degree you’re demonstrating. There is some seriously stretched lycra going on at the moment with the Wiggins effect which is currently occuring. It’s almost becoming fasionable to get your belly into a skinny top.
    If you really hate lycra then don’t wear it. Wear what you like. Ride the bike you like. The two are not really connected. Lycra is used because it works best, but if your too vain/uncomfortable to wear it then don’t.

If you get a cross bike or a road bike then this should be dectated by what you want to use it for.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Riding bikes for most of us is not about some sort of catwalk, where you are being judged by how you look– on the contrary, it is the fact that you can wear what you wish without prejudice is one of the good things about cycling.
    Your priority should be why do you want to ride a bike ?

ricdiggle
    Free Member

Your priority should be why do you want to ride a bike ?

Well, I guess that brings me back to the start. I started riding in feb this year in order to lose weight and look better.
    I’m doing much else besides but riding seems to have struck a cord with me and I have a new hobby that I love.

I hear what you and others are saying, especially about that amount of ‘fat squeezed into lycra’ sightings on the road but I’m still very conscious about it. I realise I’m starting to sound like my wife now and my question has been answered. I can wear my baggies on a cross bike if I want. Thanks all.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Wear baggies if you like, but when you get caught up in the saddle you’ll soon realise what you SHOULD be wearing.

It might not look good but it’s better than broken bones.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Any Cross Dressers on here?’ is closed to new replies.