Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • any corgi gas engineers out there? boiler in bedroom…
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

Did you?

I forgot how Sensitive engineers were too.

hora
    Free Member

Even with a detector and two experts in agreement I wouldnt on two counts:
    Still some noise at somepoint.
    There is still a margin for error no matter how small. Not for me. I’d keep it as either a spare bedroom, storeroom or relocate the boiler.

aracer
    Free Member

Yes I did design and build all the gas boilers I’ve fitted. 😛

Sensitive? No, just happy to have an argument about anything, and you appear to be claiming something impossible.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    paulosoxo
    Free Member

Aracer. Well done on inventing gas. I bow to your superior knowledge. Unfortunately your snide comments have not yet answered the OP’s question. I’m also slightly dissapointed that a man of your immense intellect has broken the law by fiiting a boiler, when you’ve clearly stated that you’re not Corgi registered. However, I hope these boilers that you’re desinging and building all by yourself are a huge success.

Hora, most houses have Chimneys running through bedrooms, plenty have iffy flues in lofts, most just as dangerous as a room sealed appliance in the bedroom.

midlifecrashes

I’ve got a boiler in a cupboard in a bedroom. No problems here. 2nd boiler actually, first one only lasted 9 years. Oh and I invented houses, gas, CO, engineers and children.

hora
    Free Member

Still wouldn’t. They might get serviced once a year but what happens if there is a mistake, etc etc. **** that!!! I don’t care if its irrational- it would be at the back of my mind so thats enough.

midlifecrashes I created fallibility in men. It was a Friday, I was bored.

aracer
    Free Member

😆 – it seems it’s gas installers (that appears to be the CORGI approved term) are the ones who are sensitive!

p.s. I’ve never broken the law in relation to a gas boiler.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

thanks for all your comments so far

seems some folk dont mind and some do…

having now spoken to an engineer it would seem i’d have to get a whole new system installed, and all the pipe work moved as its all upstairs…big job and mega £££

so think i’ll take my chances…could get run over by a bus afterall !

soops
    Free Member

hora
    Is there anything you don’t have a negative spin on?
    😉

spooky_b329

I was quoted an extra £1500 to replace a boiler in a different room to existing!

CO detectors, I was told it should be in the same room, but with an open boiler (like my old thing) the detector shouldn’t be directly above the boiler as when it starts up it can create a small amount of CO that could cause false/nuisance alarms.

Although not ideal, I wouldn’t be paraticularly worried about a boiler in a bedroom, I’d just be more careful with annual servicing and maybe have two different brands of CO detector in there if it was been slept in.

anagallis_arvensis

We have a boiler in our spare room (office) and whilst I’m happy to have people sleep in there if we have a baby whilst still living here (looks likely given house prices) the boiler is being moved simple as that.

VanHalen

are you actually Engineers. ie, registered with the Engineering Council.

or do you just use the term to appear more grandiose?

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘any corgi gas engineers out there? boiler in bedroom…’ is closed to new replies.