any corgi gas engineers out there? boiler in bedroom…

Home Forum Chat Forum any corgi gas engineers out there? boiler in bedroom…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • any corgi gas engineers out there? boiler in bedroom…
  • Hi,

Its been a while since I have been on the site…its got all modern !

Here’s my delema I have a VOKERA LINEA 24 Sealed room unit, its in a bedroom (was installed before we moved in) I am now wanting to use this room as a bedroom, I have spoken to VOKERA who assure me its safe etc it gets serviced every 12 months.

If you are corgi registered please help me feel easy about having it in a bedroom, and what are the costs likely to be if I was to move it.

If you are not a gas engineer then please try not to pass to much coment about this subject ! Sorry to sound harsh

Premier Icon geoffj
    Subscriber

What are you worried about? CO or explosion / flooding / scalding?
    Where would you want to move it to?

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

Well, i’m a computer programmer…

if you don’t feel safe it doesn’t matter how much reassurance you get you’ll never feel entirely comfortable about sleeping in the room.

if you’ve spoken to the manufacturer and still don’t feel reassured you’ve really answered your own question…

more worried about CO can these units fail ? When speaking to Vokera they spoke to me as if I was an engineer,I dont know anything about boilers !

Not sure where it could be moved to!

meeeee

why not just get a CO detector alarm thing (like a smoke alarm but monitors CO) and stick that in the room as well

I have a CO tester, but how low can they read CO2 at, all very well at a high level what about low levels ?

Stoner…read that thanks btw

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

CO alarms usually say ‘don’t put in the same room as the boiler’ on them….

british gas put the co2 tester in the room !

Stoner

the one I linked to above in the installation details says should be installed in or near all rooms with a combustion source in them.

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

fair enough – I did state my qualifications in this area on an earlier post on this thread…

paulosoxo

C0 alarms go in the same room. That’s the point of them.

Linea, or any other room sealed boiler in a bedroom is perfectly safe.

Premier Icon Stu
    Subscriber

BTW CO detectors detect CO, carbon monoxide, CO2 is carbon dioxide and entirely different…

good point stu

carbon monoxide is the killer

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

I’m an engineer, but not Corgi registered. Then again I doubt many if any Corgi registered gas technicians are engineers. Which is it you’re after?

some one that knows about boilers…with some knowledge…

paulosoxo

zzzzzzzzzz

paulosoxo

Unfitgeezer. Been doing this since I was 16. You’ll be fine

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

BTW CO detectors detect CO, carbon monoxide, CO2 is carbon dioxide and entirely different…

Good job the links point to CO alarms then

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

Been doing this since I was 16. You’ll be fine

paulosaxo, aged 16 and 3/4

😉

paulosoxo but how old are you now !?!?!

Premier Icon phiiiiil
    Subscriber

The boiler in our house is in a cupboard in our bedroom. We are still alive, and (as far as I know) have not been driven insane by fumes thus far.

glad to hear it phiiiiil…would you let a child sleep in a room with the boiler ?

tomlevell

I’m an engineer, but not Corgi registered. Then again I doubt many if any Corgi registered gas technicians are engineers. Which is it you’re after?

I’m an engineer and I don’t even get my hands dirty.

Officially they are safe. This assumes they were installed safely in the first place of course. Get it serviced by a reputable engineer ;0 and fit a CO detector and remember to get it serviced every year.
    Moving it would probably be a waste of money.
    The only other issue is noise during use which may or may not be a problem for you.

theflatboy

whereaboouts do you live? i know a very good gas safety firm, but they’re london based so may be of no use. having said that, i wouldn’t be surprised if they’d give you a reassurance over the phone…

thanks tomlevell

i’m North London.

Thanks theflatboy

theflatboy

try calling A Greener Place. TEL: 020 7736 9567
    they are very good, good service and not rip-off merchants!

theflatboy thanks very much spot on advice…

theflatboy

no probs. did they sort you out?

Premier Icon boxelder
    Subscriber

“boiler in the bedroom”

Give her a good stoking…….

IGMC

said it was fine as long serviced and have a tester.

Premier Icon 40mpg
    Subscriber

I had a boiler in my bedroom for 10 years. If its in a cupboard (as I was told by the BG engineer) it needs ventilation and space around it for air circulation. Mine had some vents into the loft above, and Handy Andy and Carol Smillie built me some lovely fabric covered doors to aid airflow (its in the right hand cupboard).

Never had any problems in 10 years, and was quite used to the rumble as it started up in the morning. Never needed the radiator on in the bedroom either!

cool bedroom, thanks 40mpg

Premier Icon bruneep
    Subscriber

paulosoxo – Member

What posting on an internet forum??? 😉

theflatboy

bruneep – Member

paulosoxo – Member

What posting on an internet forum??? [:wink:]

no, reassuring people. note the nonchalant ease.

paulosoxo

30 in April.

Unlike a ‘proper’ engineer, I know what I’m talking about. I haven’t just read it somewhere 😛

paulosoxo

Oh, and a Linea needs no vents, as long as the clearances (minimal) are maintained around the boiler in accordance with the manufacturers instructions.

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

Unlike a ‘proper’ engineer, I know what I’m talking about. I haven’t just read it somewhere

Ah, so you designed and built all the boilers you fit yourself, so had no need for instruction manuals?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘any corgi gas engineers out there? boiler in bedroom…’ is closed to new replies.