Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • any computer experts out there my lap top has died!!!
  • gazbournemouth
    Free Member

looks like my home laptap has died, buy the looks of it the screen may have cracked in one corner causing it to have no screen at all, can i just get a new screen or is it a new laptop????

HELP!!!!!!!

gaz

xherbivorex
    Free Member

you can get replacement screens for (most) laptops, but they can end up being quite pricey depending on the model. like, a couple of hundred quid sometimes…

aracer
    Free Member

You can replace lappy screens – £60 to £120 depending on how big – though I’d be surprised if a damaged screen caused you to have no display at all.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    xherbivorex
    Free Member

could be that the ribbon connector is unseated or damaged too…

tyke
    Free Member

Why not check by plugging in an external monitor. The laptop should be able to display on this and then you’ll know if it’s just the screen.

gazbournemouth
    Free Member

there appears to be a crack in the top left hand corner of the screen which when the computer is switched on then produces a black almost ink splot and a vertical white line about an inch wide down the screen???

gazbournemouth
    Free Member

cheers guys i will try that!!

chomp
    Free Member

plug it into an external monitor as tyke suggests, check you can see all your data, then buy a new one (unless it’s a v expensive\new one you have).

If it’s new or pricey, pick up phone and call your home insurance people to get it replaced

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘any computer experts out there my lap top has died!!!’ is closed to new replies.