Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any comments on Crank Bros Headsets
  • oldgit
    Free Member

?
    As an alternative to Hope and a cheaper option to Chris King.

MrNutt
    Free Member

very pretty?

MrNutt
    Free Member

and you’d be fine if there were any issues as 2pure look after crank bros and they are spot on.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    GJP
    Free Member

No idea what they are like in terms of performance – but Sigmasport had one on a Ti Seven bike at the cycleshow and it looked sublime – at first I expressed suprise that Seven had made a frame with an integrated headset until one of the Sigma boys pointed it out to me.

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

better than hope, not yet sure against king.
    but 2 pure will sort you out with there top notch service.

heihei

Just fitted one to my new 5-Spot, primarily because of the very low stack height and not having enough steerer to use my old C K. They are quite dainty looking, but seem pretty well put together. They look nice, and unlike C K use a proper split-ring rather than an o-ring so shouldn’t wear a groove into the steerer. I did find it quite tricky to fit and required the purchase of a proper headset press rather than my DIY jobby that seemed to work for all other headsets I’ve fitted! Just bought another one off ebay.

toons
    Free Member

I’ve been using a CB SL Directset on my RFX for over 6 months with no problems (so far) and no markings.

I’ve also just fitted the SL version to my new 5 spot, but the Talas adjuster hits the frame 🙁 so I swapping it out, if you’re interested £47 posted?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any comments on Crank Bros Headsets’ is closed to new replies.