Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any cheap shoes for flats?
  • danti

Newbie to flats and am after a cheap pair.

Been looking at sports direct web site and Airwalk trainers and was wondering if anyone uses them and what tread patterns are the most grippy for nano pedals.

Any others I should be looking at?

Thanks

johnellison
    Free Member

Airwalk are as cheap as chips for a reason – and one of those is that the soles are very hard polyurethane. About as much grip as a freshly-buttered weasel.

That said I use a pair but I had some stealth rubber soles put on them by Feet First in Chesterfield. Which cost more than the shoes did 😯 …

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

worth looking in T-K MAX , you can sometimes get cheapo Vans , the waffle soles stick like shit to a blanket

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kimbers

cheap vans ftw, some of them cab quite soft soled though, make sure they are reasonably stiff

hot_fiat

The only airwaly to use are “The one” which have the original hexagonal airwalk tread, mainly found on fleabay now, though occasionaly in TK Maxx and lillywhites, otherwise they’re just imitation skate shoes and generally to be avoided.

Duffs, etnies & vans are all good.

Northwind

Trouble with skate shoes is they’re very variable… My old Vans Bricks were great bike shoes, the Vans Baxters I got last year were absolutely rubbish.

See if you can find some Sombrios in your size, they were going very cheap recently, my Shazams and Floats are great

warpcow
    Free Member

Some of the Nike 6.0s can be had cheaply if you don’t mind them being a horrid colourway. Soles seem to be a bit variable too though, based on what colour they are.

I’d second the Sombrios though. Kicking myself for not having bought more when they were cheap and readily available.

zelak999
    Free Member

Sombrios here too, may still be some sizes left at CRC if you’re lucky.

theraggyone
    Free Member

I just got some teva links mids from rutland cycles for £40 massive bargain if you like boots way better than my etnies .you need the extra 10% code to reduce them to 40

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/45845/Teva-Links-Mid-Shoes-2013—Red—Sale.html

They look wierd in the pic but in real life they look really good and grip very well .ive changed mine to the black laces though

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any cheap shoes for flats?’ is closed to new replies.