Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any carpet fitters around? Rough price needed?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Got a bedroom where we’d like to replace the carpet. We’ve already got some spare carpet from my sisters that would do and I’d expect we could re-use the underlay and gripper rods.
    So roughly how much should I expect to pay to cut and fit carpet in a room 3m x 3.5m?

revs1972
    Free Member

I’m not a fitter, but last room we had done , carpet right gave us the number of an independent local fitter and it cost £40 for a similar size room. We had to empty the room out prior to their arrival. Took them about 40 mins from start to finish including a few tricky cut outs

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

30-50 quid depending how good/fast they/he/she are every floor ive had done by me pal (hes a fitter) him and his mate move all the stuff or work round it and take rubbish with them.

Most fitters wont take it for some stupid reason. Note the old carpet may be already “streched” so some edges may look strange (like mine did).

sharkbait
    Free Member

Note the old carpet may be already “streched” so some edges may look strange (like mine did).

Interesting. The replacement carpet is quite a lot bigger than needed so I was hoping the edges would be discarded.

northernmatt

We’ve been getting quotes for a our house (except kitchen/diner and bathroom) which is 70sq/m and been quoted about £160-170 for fitting. I’d be happy paying £40-50 for a room your size.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Our carpet “just” fit : ) thus the streches as we went from rented to owning and took our new carpets with and tried to make fit.

Thats mates rates to me as I do his decorating and plumbing work for him cheap. I know fluffers that fit per room or per sqm I never really pay full whack as Im in the trades and call in favours. Ie my kitchen tiles resemble a well known fancy pub chains toilet ones. Shhhhhhhhhhh

trout
    Free Member

Most fitters wont take it for some stupid reason.

Because it costs him to tip it and he also needs a waste licence
    thus putting up the fitting charge to the customer .

householder can take it for free to the waste centre

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

He works for a firm and waste goes into businesses skip outside unit. I can understand one man bands not taking it but some other contractors still leave waste gripper and underlay?

itsmygame
    Free Member

Approx £3.50 sqm. Might be an added charge as just one room maybe.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any carpet fitters around? Rough price needed?’ is closed to new replies.