Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Any campsites allowing to pitch a tent?
  • whyteskye
    Free Member

We are looking to camp north of england / whales but having some trouble finding anywhere that is currently allowing visitors to pitch a tent. fully understandable with closed facilities etc. Has anyone managed to pitch up anywhere recently? Or even recommend a spot for wild camping?

Cheers!

white101

There was tents on the C&C club site at Beadnell in Northumberland last week. All with their own toilet tents as facilities were not open.

Clink

Different area but we have camped in Devon twice and Cornwall once recently with no issues.

anagallis_arvensis

We took caravan to Forest of Dean last week. Lots of campers

TheBrick
    Free Member

Supprised to hear this. Loads down south.

ElShalimo

I’ve been on a few sites recently and rode past plenty where the large family tents just have a toilet tent to cover this.

Are you a member of the C&CC or C&MC?

Aidy
    Free Member

Seen loads of campsites in the Peak with tents pitched.

welshfarmer

When are you looking to go? May have an option in the Brecon Beacons. Depends when as I have other groups booked and only one toilet so can only offer exclusive use to any one party.

kayak23

We camped in Wales last week for the week.

Everything pretty normal. Numbers restricted by signs in the toilets and washing up areas. Sanitizer stations here and there.

aroyalnit
    Free Member

We camped for the week near Scarborough last week, lots of tents in lots of campsites around there

simon_g

Bit further south but just back from https://www.mendipbasecamp.com/ – basic but loads of space, people being sensible and keeping distance when queuing etc. It’s not normally a public campsite (the space is used for big youth groups etc to camp) so not booked out solid like most others.

jaylittle
    Free Member

All the sites I’ve stayed at lately were allowing tents.
    Catgill and studfold farm – north yorks
    Walkmill and Budle Bay – Northumberland.

rsl1
    Free Member

My experience is that anywhere with caravans isn’t open for tents but pure camp sites are with restricted numbers to keep the toilets at half capacity.

Be prepared to make many phone calls to be told they’re booked up till mid September though

whyteskye
    Free Member

@kayak23 At what campsite?

whyteskye
    Free Member

@jaylittle thanks, Budle Bay still has some availability end of aug/sept. I think we will be booking this. Any recommendations to do while we are there? it will be for just me and the gf

jaylittle
    Free Member

Budle bay is pretty basic but ok as a base, we spent 2 nights there. We walked the back lanes and trails to bamburgh and spent the day in bamburgh (pub lunch, ice cream, walk around the exterior of the castle, beach time. We then walked back along the beach as the tide allowed but worth checking tide times.
    The small hamlet of Ross has a footpath that leads to a great secluded beach although we dis it on a grey day, it may get busy when the suns out.

ElShalimo

@whyteskye – what are you going to do whilst away? Walking, sightseeing, MTBing, road cycling, drinking, shopping?

that will help suggest a location and site

stumpy01

We recently stayed in Buxton at Lime Tree Park.

They have limited the tents from 70 normally to 30.
    Toilet/shower blocks are open with a daily deep clean & there are hand sanitiser dispensers all over the place.

white101

As jaylittle says, Ross beach is a beauty! One end it has Lindisfarne and the other Bamburgh and you cant get to either.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Recently stayed at a Evesham area campsite for one night – on a Thursday – which has a lake (morning canoeing session to keep the kids happy), as well as caravans and tents it had a fair amount of static vans, chalets, hipster fashion tents, a scout camp bedroom type barracks.

Place was rammed.

Approximately zero concessions to any pandemic considerations, as far as I could tell.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Any campsites allowing to pitch a tent?’ is closed to new replies.